Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

"The Black Cloud Has Lifted"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

"The Black Cloud Has Lifted" Empty
PostSubject: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm

There has been a black heavy cloud over my soul every since my son Daniel died on 8-28-2011.
God had promised me many years ago through His Word that He would save my children. One night I was crying out to God for my lost (adult) children. while deep in prayer I opened my eye's and these words jumped off the page of the bible right at me, "I WILL SAVE YOUR CHILDREN"!
Isaiah 49:25
But this is what the LORD says: “Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.

After Daniel died I felt my faith being shaken to the core! He died of an accidental drug over dose, this is what the coroner ruled. Daniel had schizophrenia, manic depressive disorder, and other psychological problems. He had a panic attack on the day of his appointment to see the doctor at the psychology clinic. So they would not give him his psychotropic medications. Two weeks out was the soonest they could reschedule his appointment. He had been going through medication withdrawals and became very ill.

One Sunday after Church, we came home and saw that Daniel was resting peacefully, so we got the grandchildren together to go swimming. We were gone 4 hours total and when we got home his wife Rebecca found him dead sitting slumped over on their bed.
I immediately called an ambulance, they could not get a pulse, or any kind of heart or lung activity but they rushed him to the hospital. The doc told us they worked on him for an hour hoping that because he was so young (25) that maybe they could get a heart start up. But they could not. Daniel had pried open my medicine safe and took my pain medications.
I was blaming myself, because it was my medications that caused his death.

I sat with him in the hospital E.R. from 6pm to 11:30pm that Sunday night, crying while holding his hand tightly and close to my heart, when I finally let go of his hand his arm had gone completely stiff and stayed in the same upright position. He was already gone when the ambulance took him from our house, he was cold as ice, his face, neck and ears had turned dark blue. I knew he was gone then, they kept de -fibbing him and kept CPR going. But there was no heart beat, pulse or breath in his body. I knew he was already gone when the ambulance left our house.

Shortly before his death, Daniel had told me that he had a relationship with God. He said, "it's a weird one, but I got one." My prayer had been continuously since his death, "Oh God please let me see Daniel in heaven with you." Last night my little Grandson Johnny had a dream. He told me that God had him come up with him in a big vent that went to heaven, He told me he was traveling very, very fast! Faster then you could ever know! When he got there, he said, "he saw a great big house and he saw his Uncle Daniel and he said, "Daniel was happy and smiling and everything was very bright and yet there was no lights, but light was everywhere!" He kept expounding on the fact that there were were no lights at all there!

I am here to say that the cloud has lifted. God has let me see my Daniel though the heart's eye's of my Grandson Johnny, who is 9.
Thank you Father, Thank you Jesus! Thank you that the cloud of despair is gone!

I shared these scripture's with Johnny and he was very impressed!

Revelation 22: 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

Isaiah 60:19

The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

Revelation 21:23
The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Every since Johnny told me his dream I have been utterly at peace! PRAISE GOD WHO LIVES FOREVER!

I still feel pain, sorrow and hurt. But I am totally content and at peace to know that He is there! And that Daniel is no longer suffering. He has reached his ultimate healing. I can live with this. I look forward to the day when I will meet my son on that beautiful shore!

By Gwyn L. Ditmars sunny
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Wow, what a heartbreaking and beautiful story. It made me a little misty. It has the ability to bring hope to those who have lost a loved one.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
gwynditmars
gwynditmars

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:44 am

Thank You Lora, to God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:57 am

i seem to recall commenting on this before, did you repost it?
it's a powerful story!
Back to top Go down
gwynditmars
gwynditmars

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:27 am

no I don't think I have. I have been very ill for quite sometime with my kidney disease and dialysis. Lora just posted and I responded. Thanks for reading again.

Love in Christ, Gwyn
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:41 am

sorry to hear about your illness i will pray for you if you don't mind. i lost my right kidney to cancer...i was lucky they got it, took a bit more along with it. your son's story affects me deeply, touches me deeply as well i had a lot in common with him. maybe someday i might get to meet him, God willing. Almost was me...could have so easily been me. my heart goes out to you and your's may God continue to Bless you!

p.s., i remember now...this was a contest entry?
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I have you in my prayers Gwyn. May the Lord hold you and keep you and do His work in you.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Black Cloud Has Lifted"   "The Black Cloud Has Lifted" Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Black Cloud Has Lifted"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: " />
Page 1 of 1