Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

It Is In Our Nature

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

It Is In Our Nature Empty
PostSubject: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Imagine for a moment that you have been bitten by a visicous dog. Would you be cautious about going anywhere around that same dog ever again? Suppose you had an allergic reaction to seafood and it resulted in hospitalization. Would you order boiled crawfish the next time you happened to go to a restaurant? I am willing to bet that anyone reading this 'note' would answer both of the above questions with a definite NO. Several months ago, I wrote a 'note' entitled, "Trust Not In Man." Once again, I feel led to write a little bit more regarding this topic. It is a subject we all need to keep in the forefront of our minds.

I am not writing this as a personal attack upon anyone, that is not my style. However, I feel the need to remind everyone today that regardless of who, what, where, when or how......PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, THEY WILL LET YOU DOWN. We all make promises we either do or do not intend to keep. We say we are going to do one thing and end up doing the complete opposite. We start out strong and fade away. We usually dont set out with harmful intentions, but we often do in fact end up hurting others by our actions. No matter what our intentions may be, we all share this tendency. Sooner or later, in one way or another, we have all offended or hurt people we supposedly care about....It is in our nature.

There is only ONE pure, perfect friend, who loves us tremendously and will always keep His promises. Our Bible does not lie....God's promises are never broken. The love of God is constant. We can rely upon His friendship, His trustworthiness and His neverending consistency. He and He alone will never leave us, nor forsake us. His promises held true in both the New and the Old Testaments and are still holding true for us today. Trust not in man...put your faith in the Lord...for He truly cares for both me and for you!

Psalm 146:3 "Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help"

Love,
M

Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 am

"PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, THEY WILL LET YOU DOWN"
Absolutely true and one may only fully trust in God!

God Bless.
Back to top Go down
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:43 am

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:50 am

Yes, it is true that we aught not trust anyone other than the Lord with the big stuff, like our salvation, changing our natures, healing, etc. However, it doesn't mean that we should stop trusting others all together. Otherwise, how would we be able to give love and receive it? In order to love we must take the leap and trust others with our feelings, desires, aspirations, concerns, etc. They will let us down on occasion, but then that affords us the lessons of forgiveness.

Last edited by Lora on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 am

You are right Lora. Yes, there are quite a few people close to me, whom I happen to love and trust very much. But, I was writing about people in general. I basically wrote that for a friend of mine who has experienced a big let down recently. I agree with you though, there are definitely people in our lives who we should and can trust in a mighty way.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 am

Amen, praise God. I was a little worried about this one, as I've met many people incapable of trusting others, and they lead tortured lives. I was pretty sure I understood your meaning. However, I felt a need to add to the message based on past observations. I love your messages. They often brighten my day. Many blessings to you.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Is In Our Nature   It Is In Our Nature Empty

Back to top Go down

It Is In Our Nature
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: