Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Self Imposed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Self Imposed Empty
PostSubject: Self Imposed   Self Imposed EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:13 pm

We have all experienced hurt. We have all experienced pain and hardship in one way or another. Problems come in every shape and size, be it financial, emotional, incarceration, addiction or simply, just problems in general. I dont care who you might happen to be, in some sort of way, you have had a problem or two throughout the course of your life. If you are anything like me, you have had more than your share of ups and downs, ins and outs, joy and sorrow, poverty and wealth. What makes me somewhat different from many of you is that most of my problems have been...........SELF IMPOSED!!!

Yes, I said it....THE MAJORITY OF MY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SELF IMPOSED! I have no secrets to hide, no one else to blame and no excuses! Every hardship, every struggle, every wrong turn I took....was due to poor decision making and selfishness. As I have said before, I was once ashamed of my actions and of the person I allowed myself to become. These days, I see the past for exactly what it was...all part of God's plan to bring me to where I am today. I can appreciate joy, because I know sadness. I can laugh because I have known tears. I can love because I have known hate. I can appreciate a peaceful lifestyle because I have lived through many nightmares. I have always heard that the sweetest victories come after a defeat....well, I can testify to the validity of that statement. I made it through countless storms.....but only through the forgiveness, the grace, the mercy and the love of God!

The scope of your problems might not go to the extremes of mine, but, I am here today to tell you that no matter what you might be facing, no matter what you might be going through, dont give up. There is light at the end of every tunnel. We serve a God who loves and cares for us all. The blueprint for our lives was planned BEFORE we were even formed in the womb. Bring your hardships to the Lord with an honest and repentive heart. Trust God...live for Him...recognize the fact that without Him, you are nothing and have nothing. Allow the Lord to cast your sins into the sea of forgiveness. No sin is too great...no past is too sordid...Bring your pain, sorrows, fears and worries to the foot of the cross...experience the freedom that comes from knowing the Lord!

Psalm 30:5 Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Self Imposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self Imposed   Self Imposed EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:47 pm

We do have something in common! Most of my past problems came from myself too. What a stinker I was. But, all glory to the Father, now I've been set free and can see:

I can appreciate joy, because I know sadness. I can laugh because I have known tears. I can love because I have known hate. I can appreciate a peaceful lifestyle because I have lived through many nightmares.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Self Imposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self Imposed   Self Imposed EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Big Smile
Back to top Go down
PatsyDyer
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
PatsyDyer

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Self Imposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self Imposed   Self Imposed EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

I think, at least if we are honest, every one of us can relate to your post. The Scripture verse you quoted, "Psalm 30:5 Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." is my favorite during times of sadness, because I know God is there holding me in His powerful hands.

I also love the excerpt tht Lora quoted in her post:

"I can appreciate joy, because I know sadness. I can laugh because I have known tears. I can love because I have known hate. I can appreciate a peaceful lifestyle because I have lived through many nightmares."

God bless.

Patsy
Back to top Go down
http://www.patsydyer.com
Sponsored content

Self Imposed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self Imposed   Self Imposed Empty

Back to top Go down

Self Imposed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Fiction Novels & Short Stories-