Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Busted Windows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:51 pm

I hardly ever talk on the phone. It is so much easier to text. However, for the past few days, I have talked more on the phone than I usually do in a month. It seems like this past week has been especially hard for alot of people that I know and love. I can surely identify with their struggles because I have not had the best week either. In a perfect world, none of our problems would exist. But, our world is far from perfect and so are we.

When I sat down at my computer this morning, I had an idea of what I was going to write about today. Once again, I saw where a Facebook friend had posted a status which I simply could not ignore. He had posted Proverbs 25:28, which says, "A person without self-control is like a house with it's doors and windows knocked out." Stop and think about it...I dont know about you, but there have been times in my life where a picture of my life would have resembled an abandoned building in a war torn foreign country somewhere out in the desert. At other times, a photo of my life may have looked like an old abandoned house with grass and weeds blocking the entrance. I feel pretty sure that anyone reading these words can visualize and apply this proverb to their lives in one way or another.

It all boils down to self-control. When my house appeared to be in shambles, I was too. When my windows got busted, it was because I busted them. I tore down my doors, I shattered the glass and I neglected all upkeep. I did all this due to my lack of self-control. I thrived on self-will and no one could tell me anything about it either. I didn't care. It was my lack of self-control that forced me to turn to Jesus.

Our God is a gentleman. He forces Himself upon no one. He allowed me to wallow in my lack of self-control until I reached the point of no return. He showed me the error of my ways. I love to say that without Him, I am nothing. God specializes in re-structuring. He is the ultimate architect. He is the author and finisher of our faith. Our God receives His glory by restoring what we so carelessly tear apart. Thanks to my God, the photo of my life no longer resembles an abandoned building. Instead, He has given me a glimpse of my future heavenly home. Thanks be to God!

Proverbs 25:28 A person without self control is like a house with it's doors and windows knocked out.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm

This is pure wisdom walking in love sans' judmentality, truly a well thought out gift to be appreciated and treasured reflected upon and grateful for.
Welcome back, I've missed your Spirit inspired wisdoms.
especially liked this: "where a picture of my life would have resembled an abandoned building in a war torn foreign country somewhere out in the desert."

Knowing full well from the children I've been Blessed to be able to sponsor,
in some countries there are those who would give anything to have even this level of existence. It would be a significant upgrade for them.

Also liked this: "Thanks to my God, the photo of my life no longer resembles an abandoned building."

Any shelter in a storm is a tremendous Blessing as well.
We all need to start somewhere and if one is in a storm an abandoned building can be a real Godsend.

Thanks and Praise be to God,
To Him be the Glory.
God Bless.
Back to top Go down
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you...I truly appreciate your incouragement!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:30 pm

After reading your message, it struck me the the irony in that Jesus was a carpenter. He's the builder of our spiritual houses and that is just so exciting to me. Great message today! I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Big Smile
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm

The "incouragement" was intentional but you remained undaunted. You have a very obvious gift and a call to ministry in fact you do it here very well. Your words and insights are unique and a Godsend to those who have been, are coming out of where you've been. You share frequently and freely from your rich life's experiences. There is no need for disclaimers such as: "far be it from me."
It is far from you!
You are going to be challenged.
You will suffer persecution.
You will be critiqued.
And you prayed,
stepped right back up to the plate!

I feel blessed and privileged to read your posts.
God Bless you,
I hope with great humility and anticipation to read more from you.
I hope this encouragement is well received as intended.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Thank you so much...I am humbled beyond words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Busted Windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busted Windows   Busted Windows Empty

Back to top Go down

Busted Windows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: