Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Question your conduct

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cassiwhinery
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
cassiwhinery

Question your conduct Empty
PostSubject: Question your conduct   Question your conduct EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm

God’s Divine Spirit woke me before the alarm sounded this morning. I rolled out from under the covers, plopped my feet on the floor and shuffled to the kitchen. I have been drinking coffee without creamer lately, and as I turned on the coffee pot, I grumbled in my head. At once, I began thinking of the things I didn’t really want to do today, about how I wished I could find a job, how I wished I knew what God had planned for me… The dam of negative thoughts crumbled away, with just the nudge of one thought that I allowed to take place in my mind. Evil waits for it’s moment to strike, of this I am sure. I had been diligent in keeping account of my thoughts and actions lately. I was kind of feeling confident that I could do this after all. In this moment, my moment of weakness, I fell sleepy eyed, head first, into a trap.
And that’s when God said to me,
“Question your own conduct.”
Meditate on the thoughts and actions directed to yourself and others throughout the day.
“Diagnose your illness.”
In my case, negative thinking has plagued me for decades, and I didn’t have to meditate long to know where I could start.
“Treat yourself for guidance in your conduct.”
I began to meditate and pray. These are the words I spoke
Divine Wisdom is illuminating my understanding and directing my actions.
I felt like changing my routine a little, and by-passed my study books and went straight for my husbands bible. I repeated the affirmation aloud, as I was sure every evil for miles was aware.
Divine and Holy Father, you are with me, illuminating my understanding and directing my actions.
“MY child, listen to your Father’s teaching; pay attention so you will understand.
Get wisdom and understanding, if it costs you everything you have, get understanding.
Treasure wisdom, and it will make you great; hold on to it, and it will bring you honor.
MY CHILD LISTEN AND ACCEPT WHAT I SAY.
I AM GUIDING YOU IN THE WAY OF WISDOM, I AM LEADING YOU ON THE RIGHT PATH.
Nothing will hold you back; you will not be overwhelmed. Don’t follow the ways of the wicked; don’t do what evil people do. Avoid their ways and don’t follow them.
All day long, the thoughts that occupy your mind, your secret place; those thoughts are molding your destiny for good or evil. Jesus said a tree is known by it’s fruits, and the same is true of our lives. Everything begins with a thought. If we allow negative or unkind thoughts to fill our minds, they bear fruit. If we dwell on the bad, we produce bad fruit.
The more loving our words and actions are towards others, the more loving and kind our thoughts will be to ourselves.
“Take Responsibility”
We need to start taking responsibility for our actions or lack thereof, and stop feeling sorry for ourselves.
Who is to blame for this situation?
My problems are personal and internal, they involve thoughts and attitudes,
and my outward behavior flows from these thoughts and attitudes.
God is faithful and will always deliver us in plenty of time.
“Produce Good Fruit”
Where the mind goes the man will follow.
Keep your mind going in the right direction and your life will catch up with it.
“But whoever lives by truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done,
has been done through God” John 3:21
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Question your conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question your conduct   Question your conduct EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 pm

I like your style of writing. It's a little like "Stream of Consciousness writing." I've read a few books in the style before and didn't like them. But, I suppose the problem was,they weren't Christian books. I like your train of thought here. It reminds us that we need to take control of our thought life and not let it run off willy nilly. Some people think that they are powerless as to what goes on in their minds.
I caught a couple of typos you might consider. The quotation marks are missing in this sentence:

These are the words I spoke
Divine Wisdom is illuminating my understanding and directing my actions.

The apostrophe is missing in husband's in this sentence:
I felt like changing my routine a little, and by-passed my study books and went straight for my husbands bible.

Other than that, Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

Question your conduct
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-