Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Global Epistle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jak Hardy
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
Jak Hardy

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

The Global Epistle Empty
PostSubject: The Global Epistle   The Global Epistle EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:04 am

The Global Epistle: Writing in My Life

Since grade one I have enjoyed writing. At my lunchtimes in my first year of primary education, I would sit down and write in my book- two pages every day about anything I could think of. This progressed only a year later, when I was writing informative reports and poems- even journalling my only trip overseas to New Zealand. Grade three was where the true spark fell however. I was finishing my work far quicker than the rest of the class and was finding school really easy- in the domestic situation I was stuck in, education was my life, so I guess that is just the fruit of it. My teacher gave me a weekly assignment on a topic of my choice and in a format of my choice. My first assignment was an oral presentation about Canada with reference to an interview I had with a Canadian teacher. The second was a report about Great Britain and the next about China. Finally, my teacher gave me the task to write a story. She made a grave decision that day. Every lesson, every lunchtime and every morning and night, I would write this terrible short story which became a compilation of stories- a chapter book of random and non-flowing ideas reaching 12000 words. I submitted the stories in the Voices on the Coast Youth Literature Festival Unpublished Writer's Competition once I thought I had finished and was amazed when I received the letter that I had been shortlisted. I didn't win, but I really didn't care. Year after year, since then, my writing skill has increased, as has my capacity to effectively apply experience and emotion to my texts. From stories about a group of friends teleporting to Toothville, to my current works- a novel about the grace of God in abuse and the spiritual revitalisation that it comes with and a creative depiction of the life of Christ, writing has played a major role in my life, and I am sure it will continue to do so.

In accordance to scripture and God's command of the use of our gifts to serve Him and edify His house, I have felt it in my heart to establish a writing ministry- one that serves to inform and creatively express testimony. as well as to communicate scripture and truth in artistic manner. This ministry, to be called The Global Epistle will be the product of much collaboration and study, as well as God-given vision and faith. I am also looking forward to writing curricula in my school (planning for which is underway) named Agape Christian College. I look forward to seeing what God's got in stall for me and know that, He, being the great Author of Life- the most prized canon in literacy history, will lead me along paths unknown but prosperous and powerful.

"For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you..."
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

The Global Epistle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Global Epistle   The Global Epistle EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 am

Hello Jak,
Welcome to Christian Creative Writers. I am so glad you have joined us. What an interesting writing career you have. I've met many people who are passionate about writing, but no one who has carried that passion as early as you did. I look forward to reading your work and getting to know you. Your ministry sounds especially interesting. I do hope we get to hear about some of your work in this area. It sounds like it will be quite an adventure.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

The Global Epistle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1