Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Light's Embrace

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jak Hardy
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
Jak Hardy

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Light's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Light's Embrace   Light's Embrace EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:11 pm

It slips through my fingers, falling like sand. My life. I can't catch it.
"Stop!" I shout, "Please!" Desperation chokes me.
Fearful yearning takes my breath. Icy and unbreakable, the clenched fist of darkness, enclosing me like the shame of life passed by, life eternally lost: life of vanity, echoing of futility. Of empty purpose. Of fault. Of strain. I am dying inside- I am crying. I am tired. The water roles over me- a tide of fear, anxiety, pain, uselessness. I gasp for air but another wave knocks me down. Again and Again. Again. Again. Why won't it stop? I am drowning in my own tears, in blood that seeps from the wounds of my heartache. They form an ocean. Cold abuse wraps around me. Then a light. Flash. Flash. I remove my hands that had for so long covered my face, for fear of pain. For fear of what I would see. Tears subside as the light dances around me. It was the light that I had ignored for so long. Now I could see how strong it was. It waltzes to the rhythm of hope. To the sacred symphony of sweet eternity. It binds me. In the ecstasy. In the oblivion. I see Him. Dad.
"I've missed you, my child." He smiles, arms open wide, " I have seen your pain and your mundane plans. I have seen your tears. Allow me to wipe them away. I will never," He declares as I fall into His embrace, his arms tightening- fastening around me, "Never, ever let you go. I love you
At this moment, as creation whirls around me and I know only me in my Father's arms, my heart that was so ice-glazed and so aching. It melts. It is warmed. It is whole.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Light's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light's Embrace   Light's Embrace EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:25 pm

beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Light's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light's Embrace   Light's Embrace EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Wow, that was some powerful stuff. It made me a might misty. Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
bewhary
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
bewhary

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Light's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light's Embrace   Light's Embrace EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 am

Stirrings such as these make me wish for "home".. This is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://bewhary.hubpages.com/
Sponsored content

Light's Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light's Embrace   Light's Embrace Empty

Back to top Go down

Light's Embrace
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: