Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

A place from my childhood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aprilrain
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
aprilrain

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

A place from my childhood Empty
PostSubject: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 pm

The fallen tree

My petite white shoes, scuffed with chocolate marks from the mud I went sloshing in makes squishy sounds as I cross the mammoth tree that connects my backyard with the wilderness beyond the Creek. Today and every day before, the trees serves as a personal balance beam that allows me to run across, tiptoe across, and even skip across when I am adventurous.sometimes it serves as a comfortable seat or even a bed that I can lay on to gaze up at the winding tree limbs. It is my favorite place.

This day, I decide to amble gently across due to the muck beneath my shoes. I tolerate the wilderness on the forbidden side as it quietly but incessantly begs me to come over. I make my way across the balance beam over and over, back and forth. I watched the Creek water trickled down and around, passing through the rocks roofed with wet, dark green moss. The current slides below the overgrown roots that were exposed as was removed by the ever flowing stream.

I lay down with my face to the sky. My arm falls over the big roundness of the tree. I let my arms sway as the gentle breeze passes through my fingers. The forbidden jungle laughs at me. Fear of entering is an ever present thought in the back of my mind. I tell myself that when dad will step off the other side of this tree; but not today. Today is a day for relaxing.

The wild and colossal tree as playground for many; not just mean. I watch as red fire ants across in a long line, rushing hurriedly towards whatever destination they have for the day. Sometimes ladybugs land on my tree. Mosquitoes bite often. Even in the daytime the coolness of trees draw the mosquitoes out. It is worth the itches to see the butterflies flutter beneath tree limbs along the Creek. Their wings brightly displaying their exquisite in this, each unlike the one before.

Most kids make shapes out of clouds in the sky. I prefer to make images with the leaves of the trees and the myriad of lines that curve this way and that along my favorite fallen tree. I turn over and lay on my stomach, smelling Creek water that holds the tadpoles. It smells squishy and green. I smell air that snakes through the patches of leaves. It smells fresh and blue. The air is quite different on this old log. It feels heavy on my lung and yet easy to breathe out. My eyes close and again I wonder just how old this tree is. Hundreds, maybe millions of years old.
Back to top Go down
http://tyannpublishing.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Very nice stream of consciousness snapshot of a lazy day and a little naughty too. Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

PostSubject: Re: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh how your writing brought me back to times in my childhood, when I would escape to the woods to get away for the utter chaos of my home.
I loved how your writing just took me there! sunny

When you wrote about, "Most kids make shapes out of clouds in the sky. I prefer to make images with the leaves of the trees and the myriad of lines that curve this way and that along my favorite fallen tree." I could really relate to this too. You have a gift of seeing God's creations in true artful abstract too. And believe me it is a gift of God.
I would even go so far as to say that some art we create is an act of worship to God Our Father and Jesus Christ His Son. Even our writing. And most certainly when it brings Him Glory, Honor or Praise!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Love in Christ, Gwyn L. Ditmars :flower:
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 pm

I wholeheartedly believe that what we create is an act of worship to God. Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
PatsyDyer
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
PatsyDyer

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 am

Childhood memories are some of the BEST places to go! Sweet remembrances that will always be with you! You painted a distinct picture of the fallen tree that I was immediately able to visualize in my mind's eye through your work. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patsydyer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place from my childhood   A place from my childhood Empty

Back to top Go down

A place from my childhood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: