Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Man Up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:48 pm

This is a song I am recording for my son's upcoming 18th birthday. He is struggling with sin and rejecting God. His name is Zed please keep him in yer prayers.

Man Up!

verse 1

I know that yer life ain't always been easy, and the feelings inside ain't always pleasing
Such a sweet little boy, playing, laughing and smiling, you remained lovely while the world kept on pilin'
All the hardships that you had to endure, we were so mean bet you felt so unsure
Of yer place in this life, or if you were even loved but you were held in grace by the man up above
When you were shoved you always answered in kindness, given true sight in a world full of blindness
You opened my eyes got me a second chance, I'll spend the rest of eternity amendin the past
It might not make sense, but made you so much stronger, I hope you don't doubt my love any longer

chorus

Man up! It's time to be a man, Face the world at hand, embrace the Lord's plan. Man up!

verse 2

Yer life gave you some crap, but you continued to blossom I missed so many years but I know you were awesome
Still remained positive, friendly and cool silly an unashamed always actin' a fool
A great sense of humor is one of God's valuable gifts, yer pain may feel like a chasm but Jesus spans all rifts
HE uplifts, you'll find grace in HIS glory and in your testimony is an epic story
With you it's never boring, yer entertaining and fun blessed with so many talents, God's work isn't done
Yer one of a kind, thank you for you and helpin' little brother and yer mamma get thru
It's not fair to you that I did all the hurtin' and you were the one left to carry the burden

chorus

Man up! It's time to be a man, Face the world at hand, embrace the Lord's plan. Man up!

verse 3

It's time to be a man, I know yer up to the challenge, some work, some play, son there must be a balance
And true freedom only comes with acceptance of Christ, you need to surrender give HIM all of yer life
I'm not here to preach, it's all by yer choice but I know you've felt the spirit and heard God's voice
And those friends and yer fun, it's fleeting, there's one who loves you so much HE sacrificed HIS own son
HE ain't done, son, HE always has a purpose and when you have HIS love you can never be worthless
Yer HIS masterpiece that can't be diminished but it's a work in progress please believe HE ain't finished
Sometimes it's hard to see with all you go thru, passed the rebellion and the rage I know yer heart is still true, I love you, son HE loves you

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Wow, that was so touching. It brought a tear to my eye. I hope it puts a little spark in his heart, as I can feel your love coming through in it, as well as the Lord's. I'm still keeping Zed in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 am

If my earthly father could have given me a message like this one without contradiction of actions or conflicting with Gospel teaching, with sincerity in his heart, it could have saved me much earlier...listen to your Dad He Loves you, please do.
i gew up in a big city and everyone knew where the pot holes were and we would tell each other of new ones after a heavy rain. if you hit one of those huge potholes it could do serious damage to your vehicle, rattle your bones, lose a tooth, bite your tongue, i'm not kiddin'! So why hit them when you know where they are, avoid them or your vehicle will be way out of alignment...am i speaking to anyone?
God Bless.
truck driverHAULIN' _CARGO...
Back to top Go down
vinedresser
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
vinedresser

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:31 am

Yes sir, you speakin loud and proud, wall to wall l here. Our (Kat and mine, a blended family) all had to grow up too fast. They learn and will listen to someone, we can only pray that it is someone with wisdom. And who knows, maybe later they will come and say, "I understand now" We can only pray, as I am for you and Zed. Blessings
Back to top Go down
srfoust
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
srfoust

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 am

Love the line "your pain may feel like a chasm but Jesus spans all rifts." What a great line!
Love that!
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Thank you. HE is the only way thru pain that actually works. Praise HIM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man Up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man Up!   Man Up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Man Up!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: