Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
crystalleek
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
crystalleek

The journal Empty
PostSubject: The journal   The journal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I keep a journal most everyday. It is thick, like a book. It is a clay brown with flowers and vines that can be traced with your fingertips, and a leather vine to bined it. inside there are drawings writings, pictures, prayers, insanities and the truth. It is my life. So I give you a small peice of my life.

Febuary 21st

I went to my spot in the woods today. When I'm up there I feel peaceful. As I walk up the hill I take the long way instead of the shortcut, spiraling around the hill passing the veiw of the entire city asking God, christ and his spirits to walk with me to ensure I am in peace when I reach my destination. Once there, I have faith I won't be disturbed by passer-by's of the trail. I rest under the small canopy of twisting vines and budding branches. I decided this time to take off my shoes and socks. The air was warm and sweet. I could feel spring coming as the clouds, puffy as they were, moved swiftly with very strong but spread out gusts of wind. I lay upon the forest floor ignoring all the itching and racing thoughts until I am centered; speaking only to myself and God, paying close attention to what I think or see behind my eyelids.
"I know who you are medicine man"
I wept, but the wind blew my tears north, beckoning me to arch my neck towards the sun. I know which trees are blowing by sound; after laying down I have found my answers. I sit up and turn towards the city, close my eyes to say a prayer loveliest of them all. When I am alone, with God, I can pray and the words are sophistocated and selfless; like in my poetry. When I was finished I sat upon a fallen tree to watch the sky glaze the mountains. Avoiding the world and home as long as my stomach and bladder will allow me. My shadow walked me home safely, reassuring me of my clarity.

In Christ's name

Last edited by crystalleek on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/crystalleelee
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

The journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journal   The journal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Wow, that was beautiful. I love the serenity and tranquility of the piece. As always, you have a magical way with words.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

The journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journal   The journal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 pm

i often find a tranquil place to pray when i can, i grew up in nyc and now i live in e. bumble-blah blah. today upon returning from picking up some freight this horse caught my eye. it was a bright yellowish orange like nothing i'd ever seen before and seemed to have an aura around it, this picture does not do it justice.

The journal P2230010
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

The journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journal   The journal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:04 pm

That horse is gorgeous, when I lived in Silver City NV we had a pack of wild horses and the stallion was truly majestic to behold.
Back to top Go down
crystalleek
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
crystalleek

The journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journal   The journal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes horses always have a very spiritual effect on me too. I never give pictures credit these days anyways. ha.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/crystalleelee
Sponsored content

The journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journal   The journal Empty

Back to top Go down

The journal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: