Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

You are the sign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rhymarhyma
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
rhymarhyma

You are the sign Empty
PostSubject: You are the sign   You are the sign EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm

The tongue that deceives will be cut off, is that why you can't hear me when I shout?/
Dear Jesus please just hear me out/
What good is love without salvation, I'm frustrated and I'm in constant doubt/
You said you'd be with me through thick and thin but thick has been my route/
I don't have the power to use your name against these demons in my dreams when they run about/
And I've heard its impossible to be redeemed, when you have turned around/
Absurd are my words but wheres a cure that can help?/
It amounts to dust just to kick it up and hear my account getting counted out/
I'm down with just an ounce of hope to myself/
Am I just to proud to throw in the towel?/
Can I vow to get loud in a crowd of clouds and make thunder?/
Stomp in the wake of these tears making waves, but would you send Leviathan up from under?/
Sea monster prince from hell, Lord does he have my number?/
I hunger for your approval and affection, which ever will come first/
Please just send me a sign, just let me hear you call me your brother/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be prepared for the path He makes/ and be prepared for the time He takes/ Patience, son, is what I learned/ after oh, so many years of having burned/ We have to listen...not with our ears, but with our heart/ to truly understand the Lord's brand-new start/ Before we were born we were God's little song/ and He sang our names in Heaven well before we came along/ He knows us each by name, and no name will He forget/ As long as your heart beats, God's not done with you yet/ We have to see...not with our eyes, but with our mind/ for faith we'll never find if we walk around blind/ Just know the brain and the mind are two different things/ and when we look through our minds we can see the song God sings/ A song of tranquility, peace, a love so true/ Empty yourself of the world and God will make you new/ You are a child of Christ, you have the same blood line/ and He knew you'd cry for an answer, 'cause it is all by design/ Let your heart and your mind come together and shine/ and if you look in the mirror, you'll see you are the sign/ You are the sign you've been lookin' for/ and your tears that God hears well before they hit the floor/ are part of the plan from a love so true/ so cry out to the One who's waiting for you

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

You are the sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are the sign   You are the sign EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Sniff tissue I shoulda' known better when I read the disclaimer you wrote in the post that I would be wiping a tear or two from my cheeks. That is so beautiful. Your son is following in his father's footsteps in talent and heart! You two make an awesome team! I wish I could read more of his work, and, as always, you know how much of a fan I am of your awesome poetry.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

You are the sign
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Poetry-