Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Trial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Millie@inspirationalbl
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
Millie@inspirationalbl

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Trial   Trial EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Lord, why am I going through this trial,

I feel the pain so deep within.

Is it your way of letting me know

That a change must begin?

Are you opening my eyes so that I may see
things I did not before?

Are you closing one path for me dear Lord,
but opening another door?

This storm is so powerful and I sometimes fear
the wind will sweep me away,

But I know with all my heart, questions and all,

Your LOVE is sent my way!

Written in 1999 when I was going through breast cancer.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial   Trial EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:37 am

"But I know with all my heart, questions and all,

Your LOVE is sent my way!"

The Love you now share.
Beautiful, i can relate!

i had fallen overboard and was underwater for over fifteen minutes (20 minutes is what i was told and it seemed like seconds), had a massive cancerous tumor encompassing my right kidney. part of my intestines and renal artery for over ten years which turned hard as a rock and did not spread (should have been fatal the doctors said), attempted suicide fifteen years ago, actually died several times on the way to the emergency room and was resuscitated, survived a devastating blow to the back of my head in an assault and attempted robbery where the back of my head was actually split open, suffered a stroke due to a brainclot and could not speak nor even write, was repeatedly sodomized at the age of five or six, sexually abused for a period of time which is unclear to me exactly how long due to the memory having been blocked for decades and which had serious psychological and emotional effects on my development. i had not written anything in over fourteen years and had absolutely no desire to, until...

One thing that i can attest too is the feeling of peace and serenity i felt (except for the abuse) in every instance, there was absolutely no fear but rather a sense of serene joy that i had hoped would never end.
All i can say is that i was unsaved when all these things happened but i did not feel at all alone. All the "whys" led me to Christ and for a time there were no more "whys" just a lot of thanksgiving but the "whys" returned with a vengeance along with anxieties and i keep finding that the answers are never too far from the questions.

God Bless.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial   Trial EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Love the rawness and sincerity. It's beautifully written too. Do you mind if I share this one with my sister? She has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and she will be having a double mastectomy. It was caught very early, but she has so many cysts and problem areas that it will save her a lot of trouble just to have that major surgery. I know she is going through a lot and this poem would be a blessing to her.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial   Trial EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:05 pm

my fiance's co-worker had a double mastectomy less than a year ago, she is not even thirty years old yet...so sad. She has two daughter's and lost her Mom to breast cancer about two and a half years ago also.
Back to top Go down
Millie@inspirationalbl
Millie@inspirationalbl

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial   Trial EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:45 pm

I pray for a cure soon! prayer animated It's happening to too many women. My prayers go out to her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial   Trial Empty

Back to top Go down

Trial
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: