Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Writer's Syllabus.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

The Writer's Syllabus. Empty
PostSubject: The Writer's Syllabus.   The Writer's Syllabus. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 am

The Ola Olutayo Mail.
Today 6-6-12.

The Writer's Syllabus.

Are you a writer?
How often do you get to read my Mail?
Have you noticed I don't publish them everyday?
Want to know why?
How nice of you to have inquired!
I still do them, taking into consideration the Jesus' fact, i.e He prepared for a 3-&-half year ministry for about 30 years, by first "growing, becoming strong in spirit, being filled with wisdom; and the grace of God upon Him", and then to "growing in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men".
That seems to me like He 'paid' a tithe of the 30!
So, how do you see this: To write for a day, I grow like Jesus for 10 days? To write for an hour, I grow for 10 hours?... and so on [all I'm saying is that you grow ahead of the action].
That's how I see it!
See, most writers, as I believe I am, are like doctors. Their prescriptions heals, corrects, trains, etc. I'm sure you know that only one person, a Gentile, out of the four Gospel writers,wrote or prescribed this Jesus' fact - that is, Luke, a doctor!
I'll give you an excerpt of a "writer-cum-doctor" friend:
Any profession that is critical must never start with the practise. For instance, no medical doctor will start immediately with treating patients. Such a person must take time to prepare or be trained before engaging in the medical practice.
That is, just like Jesus, we must go through Silent years or periods before the heaven opens and a voice says, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!"
Though He broke out of the pack at 12, both taking His seat among teachers and scholars, listening and asking questions, yet Jesus chose not to use His new found reputation in the temple as a template for starting a ministry, but He WENT BACK to grow some more!
Go and Do likewise!
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Syllabus.   The Writer's Syllabus. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:38 pm

I think that in the case of a writer, the very act of writing is preparation. Skill doesn't just come out of thin air. Yes, we may have an inherent gift for writing from the Lord, but it still takes much practice to build up that gift into skill. It takes a lot of prayer, reading, writing, and communing with other writers to develop the gift the Lord has given us. Without enough practice, our work becomes stale. And, many writers become writers because they've already lived enough life to have something to impart to others. As a matter of fact, it takes a lot of dedication on the part of the writer to keep up his or her gift. For me, it takes a lot to sit down and put my thoughts on paper because I'm never satisfied with the end result. It's much easier for me to set it all aside and read what others are writing, and all the while the Lord is whispering in my ear to write. That's just my experience and opinion on the subject. If the Lord has put it into your heart to write, begin writing and don't stop!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Syllabus.   The Writer's Syllabus. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 am

"No one asked?"
JoeT did.
The response "writer's syllabus" wasn't hypothetical.
Nonetheless, I agree with you both. I can't be grateful enough but I am.
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Writer's Syllabus.   The Writer's Syllabus. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Writer's Syllabus.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: