Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Pathway Of The Rain.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

The Pathway Of The Rain. Empty
PostSubject: The Pathway Of The Rain.   The Pathway Of The Rain. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am

The Ola Olutayo Mail.
Today 10-8-12.

The Pathway of the Rain.

Prologue.
"Lord, I am overwhelmed; that you've given me this word to share with the nations!"
- - - - - - - - - - -
God said, "Therefore the showers have been withheld, and no spring rains have fallen."
That is Jeremiah 3:3.
Just yesterday, as custom, I locked up myself in my room for I decided to shut out any disturbance as I began to worship Jesus.
Eyes closed, bubbles and groanings erupted from deep within me and I saw, a crowd, right in front of me (not physical!) but they ALL had dry faces!
They 'seemed' to be christians, but their hearts were dry! They couldn't connect with God - not as direct as it ought.
My face was filled with deep concern.
Then, God said, "Sing, Cry, for rain!"
Ecstatic, I began, but the peoples' response was sluggish - dry, and unconvincing.
Again, God said, 'Jeremiah... Jeremiah...'
I opened my eyes, and began to look for my phone! When I got hold of it, I ran a search for 'rain' in the book of Jeremiah... and 'rain' I found.
Then God began to enlighten me as I committed myself to understanding what He's saying.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Amos 3:3, "do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?"
Truly, people yearn for God, but their hearts wanders away - away from home.
One day, I came home and said, "this is my home!" but God said, "no, this is not home; you are at home when you are in my worship!"
To worship God is to be at home!
To be with God is to stay at home!
To walk with God is to carry the home everywhere I go!
Awesome!
But we don't know this! Our hearts (like rivers) are dry because God (the source) has ruled us out of replenishment. We are not in 'agreement' because He is not satisfied with us! God is 'only' satisfied with Jesus, the Son because He does God's will - Jesus died for God's will to be done! - Luke 22:39-44.
But we elevate and strengthen our flesh, crushing our spirit, when we go against God's will! Like Jesus, we ought to crush the flesh, and strengthen our spirit in worship - for those are the KIND that God seeks! - John 4:23-24.
So how?
Since we are reading from the OT, let's do an exposition on the word 'worship'. The word is often seen as 'fear' in the OT; and can be explained thus:
1. Human emotion of terror. Exodus 23:27.
2. Awe in God's presence. Eccl 12:13 - This 'fear' induces a hatred for evil, e.g Prov 8:13.
3. 'God-fearers' is a technical term applied to Pagans or Gentiles who attended a synagogue but shrank from circumcision. Acts 10.
- - - - - - - - - - -
So majorly, in the OT, 'fear' is a reverence, a falling; worship!
Worship means "fall down for God" and the opposite, Rebel, means "stand up against God" - Isaiah 53:12.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Now, back to 'rain'.
You may ask, "why did God, the source of our very lives, shut out the rain to replenish our lives - else we die of dryness?"
From Jeremiah 3, let's go to chapter 5:
verse 24, "they do not say to themselves, 'let us fear [meaning worship!] the Lord our God, who GIVES autumn and spring rains IN season, who ASSURES us of the regular weeks of harvest."
You see that?
We do not say!
Remember, Jesus 'said', "not my will, but your's be done!"
Little wonder God said to me, "Sing, Cry, for rain!"
You may ask again, "why don't we speak and do according to His will?"
Go to next verse, "your wrongdoings have kept these [i.e the rain] away; your sins have deprived you of good [i.e the replenishment: our very essence of living; our joy of being at home! and God's joy of bringing us home through His Son!]
See that again?
You, yes you, may ask again, "in what ways have we sinned against God?"
Come with me to chapter 2, verse 13:
"my people have committed two sins: they have FORSAKEN me, the spring of living water, and have DUG their OWN cisterns [or reservoirs], BROKEN cisterns that CANNOT hold water!"
You see that? FORSAKEN and DUG?
Have you thought about these things?
If no, think now!
Have you forsaken Him? Are you bearing that struggle alone?
Are you walking alone? On whose path do you go - your peers, parents or public views?
What reserves have you dug for yourself?
You say, "if God tarry, decline, or fails to do for me... I will..."
Whom do you trust in - an uncle, sister, friend or boss?
What do you hold on to - your education, your degree, or qualification?
Whatever it is, God says, "they are all BROKEN, they CANNOT hold!"
Will you, follow Jesus' footsteps, and 'worship' God?
Right now?
Jesus commands to love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind!
It all starts, when you open your spirit to words that glorify Him...
... I adore you... I adore you... Sing out in your own words... Tell Him, 'Jesus I adore you'... You're why I'm here... You're why I sing... I'll follow with my song, with my heart Jesus... Oh let your love flow out of me and let it bubble up like river... Refreshing joy, adoration, adoration, I've come to pour my love on You Jesus... Jesus you're worthy... Only you... Only you!
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: The Pathway Of The Rain.   The Pathway Of The Rain. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Quote :
One day, I came home and said, "this is my home!" but God said, "no,
this is not home; you are at home when you are in my worship!"
To worship God is to be at home!
To be with God is to stay at home!
To walk with God is to carry the home everywhere I go!
Awesome!

Interesting perspective. I love it! It makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: The Pathway Of The Rain.   The Pathway Of The Rain. EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pathway Of The Rain.   The Pathway Of The Rain. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pathway Of The Rain.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-