Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Tenth Chapter Of John.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ola Olutayo
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
SCRIBE (101-150posts)
Ola Olutayo

The Tenth Chapter Of John. Empty
PostSubject: The Tenth Chapter Of John.   The Tenth Chapter Of John. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 am

,The Ola Olutayo Mail.
Today 11-8-12.

Prologue:
This is more than just studying God's word. I have committed myself to practising it, just as much as I study it. Remember Jesus began to 'do' first before He 'taught'? - Acts 1:1. And a short description of Ezra the priest is my watchword: "For Ezra had devoted himself to the 'study' and 'observance' (or practise!) of the Law of the Lord, and to 'teaching'..."
If you're hearing to be a doer, let's go!
- - - - - - - - - -
Passage of Scripture:
John 10:1-21

verses 1-6:
Many have asked, 'I can't feel His presence!' Here, it is glaring that you'll only know, feel, or behold Him, only by His Voice! See in vs 4 the sheep know the voice because He called in vs 3!
But many of us haven't aquainted ourselves with His Voice, so let's check out how to know a voice that isn't His:
Anyone that comes to you, and does not 'instruct' you in accordance to God's word, is a thief! Run! Guess what? Some may even quote scriptures but watch out if that word is not distorted, or tends to doubt, fear, and unbelief e.g. Matthew 4:6. They have a quickening notion in whatever they say e.g. The thief does not enter by the gate, i.e he does not tell you the truth of the word in due process! e.g. He comes, and tells you, 'your name shall be announced in the nations!' Your name cannot be announced if you don't submit to God's will first - i.e God's word!
But as for Jesus' voice, there's a calling, a recognition of the voice, a leading; before you can find pasture!
vs 3b: Don't doubt God on His word - spoken to you. If He says to you 'you were healed' He meant so! If another comes and say, 'if you were healed' - confront that!
Among the two, which one induces doubt?
See, vs 4 even confirms vs 3b the more! If you are using NIV, it says "goes on ahead of them" i.e. He won't tell you to go where He hadn't been, or to do what He hadn't done... or to worship if He hadn't humbled himself by becoming a man! -Phil 2:6-8. This proves why you can't listen to or learn from anyone else except Jesus - Matthew 11:28-29.
vs 5: A stranger's voice wants to entice you; he says: 'do this pleasant thing, do not be hindered by the fact that it is wrong!' while God says: 'do this right and noble thing, do not be hindered by the fact that it is painful and humbling!'
Also in vs 5, we ought to 'run' from a stranger's voice (i.e. the voice that do not conform to God's will) without hesitation! I figured out that I need to rebuke the devil more often!
vs 6: Do you understand now? Psalm 119:130.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verses 7-9:
Knowing fully well that man (from Adam) is cursed, yet God gave the Law. But I found out that in Hosea 6:1-7, God made the provision ahead of the Law (i.e He became the curse itself and carried its weight - Gal 3:10-14!). But still, according to vs 9 in John 10, many still do not enter by the gate, which is Jesus! Their footing and argument is on the Law, of which they have not even thoroughly obeyed!,
That's why some people pray five times daily yet are not forgiven! It's not by works (Hosea 6:2-3 says 'He' will revive, 'He' will restore! and not 'we' will revive or restore ourselves back to His presence), but Salvation comes through 'entering'. The only one in the persons of the trinity to come after Jesus is the Holy Spirit. And remember, He 'glorifies' Jesus only! - John 16:5-15.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verse 10:
Summary of the thief:
entices to steal away; kills to keep away still; and destroy to cancel all hope of getting back on the Way.
In verse 10b, we find a correlation in 9b:
the proof of life is by 'breathing in and out' God's word. Just as you need oxygen to respire which in turn keeps you alive, we also need the 'word' as oxygen to keep us alive! Hope you aren't thinking of physical food being fed to your flesh? No! I mean 'man does not live on bread alone, but on every 'word' that 'comes' from the mouth of God' - Matthew 4:4.
But praise God!
For in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... In Him was life... So it is confirmed in Jesus! When our 'food' came, our 'life', He said: '...eat; this is my body... drink; this is my blood of the new covenant... do this in remembrance of me.' -John 1:1, Matt 26:26-28, and I Cor 11:24-25.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verse 11:
Wow! The event of Matt 26:39 is confirmed here! What's the father's will? It's in John 3:16 - 'that He gave'.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verses 12-13:
This will put many of you off! Even a hired man in God's name 'runs' away (I believe Jesus meant 'dies'). Many have placed their hopes in a prophet or pastor that will die one day! But Jesus lives! Why? Even if He laid down His life in vs 11, He is Risen! The tomb of the "world's messiahs and prophets" are filled, but the tomb of Jesus is EMPTY!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verses 14-16:
"I am the good shepherd" is repeated. Jesus is saying, "don't even think I'm leaving anyone out of this; I'm bringing everyone in; and it'll be one flock, one shepherd!"
Since God gave life to all men, He wants them all! - John 1:3.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
verses 17-18:
More confirmation!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Epilogue:
verses 19-21:
So, you!
Because it's all for you, what is your response?,,,
Back to top Go down
http://olaolutayo.blogspot.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top