Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Greetings all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
karen.rice.148
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
karen.rice.148

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Glad to be here! I live in San Diego, currently the melting pot of the Overheated. Sitting at the computer, trying to stay cool. If what I do claims me as an expert on a given subject, then I am over-qualified in all the usual domestic household related stuff. In the last three years, expanded this to include two large dogs, 29 chickens, a rainbow color of eggs; confidence with hammer and saw; an open door policy that refuses to stay closed - children, grandchildren, a hubby whom I promised not to spring any more spontanious projects on; a garden of produce more prolific than bunnies; a strong need to keep writing on subjects proving God as an active participant, and finding that comfort zone with ADD.

I work outside the home, mentor a Bible Study, teach Sunday School, prepping for a retreat in October. Took a long break from writing (published) but I MISS the exercise of doing 'it' right - to honor God through the best of what I can. Writing for fun makes me lazy, full of the usual excuses.I can only handle so much of my own whining....

Blessings!
Karen
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:21 pm

So glad you have joined us sister! Your sense of humor comes thru well. I look forward to walking in the Lord's grace together.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 pm

If just the introduction is that good, i can't wait to read more!
Back to top Go down
sanet.viljoen
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
sanet.viljoen

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 am

Hi Karen, we have at least one thing in common, the heat in Dubai is horrendous! I wish I could say I am also a published writer, but not yet. Working on it, though and at the same time loving it. I truly believe it is a passion put in my heart by God and I will try my best to honour him in this way. May I ask, what did you publish and what advise do you have for me? Blessings, Sanet
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 am

Hello Karen,
Welcome to Christian Creative Writers. I'm already intrigued by your introduction alone. You sure have a flare with the pen. I can't wait to read some of your work and get to know you better.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Moni
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
CCW EXPERT (351-400 posts)
Moni

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Welcome Karen,
Rhode Island Red's are my favorites from childhood, with the Banti Hen a close second! I love the chaos and the goings on in your snapshot of life, however do not share the same confidence with hammer and saw and am actually banned by my husband from ever picking them up. I share in the joy and weight of the gardens produce with little energy yet to do any canning...perhaps on the morrow. So pleased to meet a fellow domestic.
Moni
Back to top Go down
http://practicallyspeaking2u.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Greetings all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings all!   Greetings all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings all!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL: