Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Olympic Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sanet.viljoen
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
sanet.viljoen

The Olympic Games Empty
PostSubject: The Olympic Games   The Olympic Games EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 am

The Olympics
Don’t you find the Olympic Games inspiring? I watch the synchronised diving in awe, the beautiful masculine bodies driven by the amazing excellence of the human mind, in perfect harmony with another equally amazing human being, flesh and blood, not the unimaginative precision of a robot. These thoughts just cross my mind spontaneously. Why do we want to be ANYTHING else than human? Why do we want to be gods, angels, vampires, aliens? Is it because we do not grasp the real splendour of being 100% human, or is it because we are so tragically removed from our true origin; our Creator God, who has blown his own Spirit into his human child, after creating an amazing planet, the only one in all the galaxies that our best technology can observe, especially for them. Why has this become such an unspeakable, politically incorrect statement to make? Is it this broken world we live in? Have our human spirits been broken beyond compare? Is that why we are so desperate to find new alien worlds, to be something else, somewhere else? Our spirits are broken, our planet is in pain and never in human history has the world been is such desperate need of reconciliation with its Father, the Creator God!
The Paralympics
I cannot omit to also mention the inspiration I got from watching the Paralympics. Each and every athlete represented the potential of humankind when faced with trauma and brokenness, the potential of using one of God’s greatest gifts to mankind, our freedom of choice, to choose to fight back the odds, to refuse to give up and becoming a victim. It is like sticking your tongue out to the enemy of mankind, to show him that nothing, no harm, no trauma and no hurt will break my spirit. But before anyone gets arrogant, allow me to play devil’s advocate. What about those post event blues, when all the excitement has passed and things go back to a depressing reality of being disabled? I hope that we will all be honest, admit to ourselves and to them (the athletes) just how severely disabled we all are. Even those seemingly perfect people. If all of our emotions, deep psychologies and vulnerable spirits were out there for everyone to see, like the stump of an amputee, who will be perfect then? We all have our brokenness and demons to fight. We are all in this together; we don’t have to lie to each other. Being human needs empathy, love and encouragement, for each and every soul. Then we find the freedom to be our best selves, the people that God has intended us to be.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

The Olympic Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Olympic Games   The Olympic Games EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm

I hate to admit I didn't watch much of the olympics, but what I did see, I can relate to what you said. I love the way you tied a current event in with what God is doing and can do in our lives. I think you might be onto an even larger story here. You might think about flushing these ideas out a little more and see what happens. You might end up with something pretty terrific.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

The Olympic Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION FORUM :: Signs of the Times, Current Events, & Politics-