Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Exorcising Demons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cshowers
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
cshowers

Exorcising Demons Empty
PostSubject: Exorcising Demons   Exorcising Demons EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Fear, pain and misery
Lies, death, shame and destruction
Jesus, You have set me free
From the dragon’s prison
Poured Your mercy on me
Sent Your love from heaven
Hallelujah — I am free!

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Exorcising Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exorcising Demons   Exorcising Demons EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

I can't decide if this is a complete piece or not. I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but the form of this poem is a Sicilian Septet. If this form was what you were shooting for, the poem is complete. There is one thing about the poem that may drive some people crazy, and that would be the absence of the Oxford comma. Some people, especially English majors, might focus more on the comma that's missing before the 'and' in the first and second lines than the subject matter of the piece. But, it's really a matter of artistic preference.

I love the way you started off the poem so strong. The first two lines really grab the reader's attention and prepare us for something really bad to happen, but then you let us off the hook, and even give us hope, with the third line. I think it's a great piece!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

Exorcising Demons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Poetry-