Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Duck Dynasty star: ‘It’s spiritual warfare’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Duck Dynasty star: ‘It’s spiritual warfare’ Empty
PostSubject: Duck Dynasty star: ‘It’s spiritual warfare’   Duck Dynasty star: ‘It’s spiritual warfare’ EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

October 4, 2013 by Michael Dorstewitz 34 Comments
Duck Dynasty star: ‘It’s spiritual warfare’ Images
Phil and Willie Robertson of “Duck Dynasty” fame confirmed something I have long suspected: There is nothing more unreal than reality TV — well, with the possible exception of the “Law and Order” series and Road Runner cartoons.
Although the A&E series only premiered a year and a half ago, it’s formula of family, business and faith soon developed a loyal following of millions of dedicated fans, and the numbers continue to grow.
But the family patriarch, Phil Robertson, revealed in a video interview with The Christian Post that much of what happens during taping gets distorted by editors “with no moral compass.” As a consequence, the viewer only gets a taste of what the Robertsons are all about.
“They inserted fake beeps like somebody had used profanity,” Robertson said. “But no one had used profanity.”
After much back and forth, the editors finally quit inserting the fake bleeps. But then they deleted the words, “in Jesus’ name,” each time the family prayed.
After raising a fuss, Robertson said, “I noticed now, every once in a while, they’re leaving it in there.”
Bringing reality to TV — true reality — has been a struggle for the Robertsons. It’s what Phil Robertson calls a “spiritual war” — a modern-day crusade.
Robertson told The Christian Post what it’s like to film a show where editors are editing out the family’s faith:
Quote :
You gotta remember, it’s spiritual warfare. I mean, you’ve got people with no moral compass. It ain’t there. So what I tell people is be patient.
They’re the ones, they own the network and we’re filming the show.
We signed the contract with them, ok, and it’s a workhouse, but what people have to understand is, the people of God have to understand, you’ve just got to be patient. You don’t turn that ship quickly. It’s a big ship. A lot of depravity and a lot of heathen and a lot of the evil one. He is entrenched in the United States.
[color][font]
Think of the Robertsons and the folks at A&E as worlds colliding.
“The people who want to hear more from the spiritual side, trust me, are gathering up in massive numbers,” Robertson said. “This is Hollywood hitting the kingdom of God.”
Whether the Hollywood moonbats realize it or not, America is becoming more conservative and faith-driven. Because of that, we’ll take our tales of the Robertsons straight up, thank you — no mix, no chaser and no garbage.
As for the Road Runner series, I’m absolutely convinced (though I can’t prove it yet) that Wile E. Coyote has more than one stunt double.
Watch the interview from The Christian Post.

[/font][/color]
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION FORUM :: Books, Movies, & Music-