Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Don't Worry Be Happy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caryl
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Caryl

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Don't Worry Be Happy Empty
PostSubject: Don't Worry Be Happy   Don't Worry Be Happy EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Don’t Worry, Be Happy!

Such a worrier! Unbeknownst to my dear mother, she exampled the bad habit throughout my childhood and even until she went to live with Christ, so I came by it quite honestly. Oh how upset I’d get with my dear husband because he refused to join my fretting. 

“Caryl,” he would say, “why should I? You worry enough for both of us.”

“But the bills! They need to be paid, and what about the baby? He’s so sick.”

Then in my forties, I received a birthday card from Bill Gothard’s Basic Youth Conflict, a simple homemade stiff paper printed with ‘Worry Hinders Every Promise of God.’ I stuck it in my mirror—mostly because its paper was a pretty shade of green, my favorite color. Every day, I saw it there, usually more than once. Then one time as I glanced at it, as clear and up close as high definition TV, the Holy Spirit wrote the Truth across my heart.

Worry hindered God’s promises to me! Every one!
I repented and received forgiveness, then ever since—much to my beloved Ron’s penchant—I quit worrying. Completely. Through the years, my faith has grown strong, and my desire is to please Him. I want to bring glory to the One Who loves me so much that He offered His Son so I could be with Him forever. Once He opened my blinded eyes, I clearly saw the waste of worry. It never accomplishes anything, except maybe to make you sick. (Repent of confessing, “I’m worried sick!” Quick!)

And it’s the total opposite of faith! Hebrews 11:6 tells us “Without faith, it is impossible to please Him.” To worry insinuates God isn’t big enough or doesn’t care. I absolutely know that is not true. He always ALWAYS comes through, provides my needs, and watches over me. I’ve proven Him o’er and o’er, and encourage you to as well.

In my new historical Christian romance VOW UNBROKEN, more than ten times I’ve used the phrase “Don’t worry”. Here’s how my heroine Susannah Baylor thinks about it. “One thing she did know. She’d learned long ago that worrying about tomorrow never changed a thing, so she dismissed the elusive day and its troubles and focused on a completely different subject. That wasn't a hard thing for her.”

God grew Susannah’s faith through her twenties when she found herself widowed, pregnant, and the guardian of an orphaned nephew on a hard Tejas prairie in 1822. A wonderful Truth to learn so young, but whether a millennia ago or the twenty-first century, those who belong to God should abandon every whim to worry.  It brings His sweet peace that passes understanding.

Friends and family oft think I’m weird, but it’s a perfect opportunity to testify! Right now, I have no wheels. Well, I do to, but they have no transmission! One week out, I had a very hectic schedule tied in to the release of VOW UNBROKEN which includes twenty-six events in twenty-two cities, and seemingly no way to get there. Several people, with great anxiety in their tone, asked, “But Caryl! What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know exactly, but I’m not worried about it. God knows my every need, and He already has a plan in place for me to get around. So, I’m just waiting on Him to reveal what that is. I am checking doors, but haven’t found an open one yet.” I’m at peace. I know He will provide. He always ALWAYS does.

Post Script: I originally wrote this February 26 and now I’m re-reading it on May 29. I want to testify to the great goodness of my Jehovah Jireh – God, My Provider! My sister let me borrow her car the first week of March to get to all my Book Launch Events while she was out of state. On Tuesday of the 2nd week, I was told to go check makes and pick out a car, I went to Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Chevrolet, and Ford and chose a Toyota Corolla (they had a GREEN one J).  The next day I was told to go find the best price at all the Toyota dealerships in the Metroplex. I found the best out the door tax, title, and license price, and God’s chosen came and wrote a check for the Toyota! A brand new green 2014 Corolla with FIVE miles on it and put the car into my name! How can the devil EVER convince me God won’t take care of me? What would I ever have to worry about when He who sits on Heaven’s throne is my God?
Back to top Go down

Don't Worry Be Happy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1