Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

God's Promise of Fellowship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shiju1982
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
shiju1982

God's Promise of Fellowship Empty
PostSubject: God's Promise of Fellowship   God's Promise of Fellowship EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 am

“I (Jesus) will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. In a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me and I in you.” (John 14:18-20 NRSV)

Love is the driving force behind every goodness that we can find in this world. Whenever and wherever people have moved their fingers to help others who are in need, it is the power of love that inspired them to do so. Love is the force that keeps relationships intact. When someone gets help from another, his hope gets strengthened and he finds a new meaning in life. A group of people joined together with the strength of love are able to grow in unity and no evil force can defeat their relationship.

But one of the most important things about love is that if you love a person, you will eagerly desire to spend your precious time with him. There is a clear difference between spending time with someone and in giving financial aid to another. You will like to share your feelings, play with, tell some jokes, invite for dinner, those whom you have a special place in your heart. It is because you value their presence.

I wonder how many of us have understood that how much more God wants to have fellowship with us. From the time of Adam, God has a tremendous desire to have an intimate fellowship with His children. That is why Immanuel promises that He will never leave us orphaned. The name Immanuel suggests that God wants us to experience His presence and that we will never ever feel lonely, misunderstood or neglected. He wants us to have faith in a loving Father with Whom we can share our sorrows and pains, in Whose nail-pierced hands we can pour out our hearts, with Whom we can share our joy. We fail to remember that God expects these things in the life of His children and so we move around with all the bitterness stored inside us.

The love of Jesus made Him say to all those who desire His presence and fellowship, “I am coming to you.” No, we cannot come to God unless He has done something to make us righteous before His holiness. That is why Jesus bled for us on the cross that we might be cleansed from all our sins and thus can have a relationship with God. The pain and agony He faced on the cross could not stop Him from loving us. He was broken in order to build us. His love for us strengthened Him to obey His Father’s will and to pour His blood, even the last drop. There is nothing remaining, He said, “It is finished.”(John 19:30)

Friend, have you not experienced the joy of being a Christian all through these days? Do you hear His tender loving voice? No matter what worst sins you have committed thus far, God loves you, loves you and only loves you. You have a hope, an unfailing hope in the blood of Jesus Christ. Do not waste time, cry out to Him confessing that you are a sinner. Doing good deeds or being a good person all through one’s life cannot take Him to heaven. All have sinned and fallen from God’s presence. But He did not leave us in the tragic condition of sin. Understand that no one can become righteous unless He is cleansed by blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. Open your hearts door to Him while you can feel Him knocking on the door of your spiritual heart. Just pray, “Loving Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner. Thank you for loving me so greatly even after all the sins I have done. Thank you for being broken for me and pouring out Your blood. Cleanse me from all my iniquities and be a holy son/daughter of Yours. From now on, You are my Lord and Master. I will walk in Your ways. Give me Your grace for the same. In Your most precious name, I pray, Amen.” If you have invited Jesus in your heart through this prayer with a childlike faith, congrats and welcome to God’s family. From now on you are in Christ and are a new creature. Old things have passed away, now you have a new life in Christ.

Keep thanking, praising and glorifying God for revealing Himself to you. Now all of us who have Jesus in our hearts, see Him continually with the eyes of faith. That is why He says, “. In a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me”.  But it became possible for us only because God revealed Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ, called us to His presence and also enabled us to come to Him with complete faith. The world cannot see Him, because they have not opened their hearts and invited Him in. Faith is the eye through which we see Jesus, and this faith is not achieved by our efforts but is freely and graciously given to us from God.

Jesus continues, “Because I live, you also will live.” This is not about physical life but spiritual. Without Jesus, we can live physically but not spiritually. It is because He experienced death and also came back to life, that we can have our spiritual birth or the experience of being born again. Without being born spiritually, no one can live spiritually. Those who live spiritually do not fear physical death because they know that physical death is the time when they will go to heaven and meet Jesus. This blessing was made possible only because Jesus died, rose again and now lives in our hearts as well as in heaven.

“On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me and I in you.” This is the fellowship that God desires. Spend time with Him in prayer and reading His Word. Attend your Church events and activities regularly. Be obedient and active in all that you do for God. But always remember that it is not our deeds but God’s grace alone that sustains and protects our love and zeal for God, thus enabling us to draw closer and closer to Him.

Friend, are you enjoying your Christian life?
Back to top Go down
http://shijuforjesus.blogspot.com

God's Promise of Fellowship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Bible Studies & Sermons-