Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer Empty
PostSubject: I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer   I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Shalom to all and Happy Rosh HaShannah, Tonight starts the Yamim K'doshim" (the High Holy Days) Many think that these are "Jewish" feast days, but, they are "God's" feast days, for ALL believers and followers of our Messiah Yeshua (Jesus the Christ)

I use my writer/pen name as "Jacob Ben Avraham" since we are "All sons and daughters" of Abraham, "B'nei Emunah" (Children of the faith)

I live in Houston, Texas.  Now get this, I was adopted at birth into a Lutheran family, graduated from a Baptist University (Liberty University) in Lynchburg, Virginia, and went to a Messianic Jewish Yeshiva "Shema Israel in Miami, Florida, received ordination as rabbi in 2005.

I investigated my origins (of my biological parents) who, thank God since I have been asking  the LORD to reveal to me who they were for many years, and finally, in HIS timing, I found out through "family Tree DNA. organization, who they are, they are the "Groh" family, father of German ancestry and from further back, Russia, and East Europe, many of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry, (Not even Pop knows about that) and on my mother's side, Turkish-Armenian, Mom and mom are in their 90s, now.

Well, one of my courses in LU was "Creative writing" and that stuck with me, and, until a few years ago, I hadn't used it, but I read a lot of books, so, I got some ideas.  I put these ideas to work, so one day, I got one of those composition notebooks, the ones that are speckled like a black and white leopard (are there any black and white leopards?) One day, at an Elementary school where I was working as a long term substitute teacher for special Ed kids, I started my first story, "One Passover in Jerusalem" what came out of my mind, I wrote down,

It kind of went like this; first the idea, next the characters, then the dialogs, then pen hits the paper, then paper goes onto the PC as "Office Libre text" then it is "saved" I wish I had written the start date, it might have been 2009.  Next came "Journey to Moriah" a story about Abraham, then....well....I should save the rest for the next topic under "new writers"

Have a blessed Rosh HaShannah

Rabbi Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down
LoriV
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
LoriV

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer   I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum!  And Shanah Tovah!  I am happy to "meet" a messianic Jewish brother in Christ!  I will look forward to reading your stories!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer   I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:40 am

Wow! What a colorful history. I bet you find plenty to write about, and I suspect a memoir might find itself in your future, too. What a blessing to have a messianic Jewish brother join us. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
catalyst
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
catalyst

PostSubject: Re: I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer   I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:11 am

Wow, what an interesting family background!

If you don't mind me asking, how are you a Rabbi? How does that differ from priests, reverends, and pastors?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer   I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer Empty

Back to top Go down

I am messianic Rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham, new writer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1