Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH Empty
PostSubject: TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH   TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm

" TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH"

Twas the first night of Hanukkah, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even
a mouse. The Menorah was placed on our table with care, in hopes that our evening visitor would soon
be here. Mama in her kerchief and I in my Yarmulke, had just settled down for the first night of
Hanukkah. When up on the rooftop there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the
matter. I put my robe on and ran towards the door, slipped on a banana peel and fell flat on the floor.
I picked myself up and ran out into the night, I looked up toward the roof and beheld a great sight.
An awesome warrior on his fearsome white steed, I knew it could only be Judah the Maccabee!
He got off his horse and jumped down from the roof, looked all around and said, "Oi Vey, I sure must of
goofed!" "I was headed toward Jerusalem but my horse turned aside, and then landed here" he said with
a sigh! I opened my mouth and this I did say; "Yo Judah, welcome to the U.S. of A." "You might as well
come in for a while, In my house you can stay"
Well Judah came in with a sack on his back, and headed for the kitchen to lay out some snacks. Out from
the sack came so many things, latkes and apple sauce, gefelte fish and more, crackers and cheese, and
hamantashens galore. "Hamantashens" I asked, "On Hanukkah?" "Why not?" said Judah, TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH EqlHt0kEe84M_4KVmsGcgrinning from ear to ear, 
   , "They're good anytime of the year!" With the sack now empty he looked at the time, he left out
the door and to the roof top he climbed. "Got to go now, I am Jerusalem bound". He mounted his steed
and rode out of sight, saying "Happy Hanukkah to all and to all a good night!"

by Rabbi Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down
rhymarhyma
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
rhymarhyma

TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH   TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Ha! Absolutely funny, yo. No doubt. Well written, also. Peace
Back to top Go down

TWAS THE FIRST NIGHT OF HANUKKAH
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Poetry-