Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?  Empty
PostSubject: THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?    THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 pm

THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" WHY AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

The reason that I use the word in this instance "law" is because most people are familiar with it. When as a matter of fact, the word "law" was translated from the Latin word "legis" meaning something legalistic. But the original word in the Hebrew Bible is "Torah" which means "teaching and instruction" (from Adonai). In the beginning, the "Torah" was considered to be the 5 books of Moses, but after that, more "seferim" were written down and added.

We, as messianic believers, see the Bible broken down into, the "Torah" (5 sefarim of Moses) "Neveyim" (the Prophets) "Ketuvim" (the writings, Hebrew poetry, etc) and the "Brit HaDasha" (new Covenant)

BUT....all 66 books can be considered "Torah" as ALL are G-d breathed, and inspired by the Ruach HaKodesh, and are fit for instruction, correction, reproof, in all manners to direct a person in all righteousness (2 Tim 3:16)

Many ask "why did HaShem give the 613 mitzvoth (commandments) when knowing perfectly well that fallen man could not or even fulfill them?"

1. G-d gave HIS mitzvoth to show HIS perfection and righteousness to man
2. G-d gave HIS mitzvoth to show man his lost state of imperfection, and that try as he might,
he would never be able to fulfill them completely. So if we fail in only one, we are guilty of
breaking them all.
3. Yeshua came to fulfill the mitzvoth which we could not nor ever fulfill. He did this in our place,
lived a perfect life and died a sinner's death.
4. G-d developed a sacrificial system involving clean animals to illustrate what Messiah Yeshua
would do in the future. In sacrificing these animals, the offerers showed their faith based on
their obedience in bringing the animals to be sacrificed.

But scripture says that the blood of the bulls and other animals never had the power to erase of forgive sin, only COVER (from where we get "kippur") only "HaDam Yeshua" has the "cleansing and forgiving power" that the blood of animals never had.

No wonder Rav Shaul said we have a "better covenant" one that does not involve animal sacrifices, only our trust and faith in the finished work

Rabbi Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down
Darrell Conner
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
Darrell Conner

PostSubject: Re: THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?    THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?  EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello Jacob, very nice to meet you, and I wonder if you mind if I ask you a question (not very often I get the chance to get a Jewish perspective on Scripture)?

Do Messianic Jews (in general) view Israel as the "Church" in the Old Testament, or do they take the position that men were not being baptized into Christ until Pentecost (wherein we, Jew and Gentile, are made one man in Christ)?

G-d bless.
Back to top Go down
Darrell Conner
Darrell Conner

PostSubject: Re: THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?    THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?  EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Also wanted to ask, am I correct to assume you believe Paul wrote Hebrews? You seem to indicate that in your post, and I was wondering if you might tell me why you would take that position (as do I).

G-d bless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?    THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?  Empty

Back to top Go down

THE CASE FOR "THE LAW" Why and for what purpose?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: " />
Page 1 of 1