Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Encountering [and Enjoying] Trains by the Grace of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ericjohn
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
ericjohn

Encountering [and Enjoying] Trains by the Grace of God Empty
PostEncountering [and Enjoying] Trains by the Grace of God

I wrote this and posted it in my Facebook notes on November 20 2012.

I also posted this to Writer’s Beat on July 10 2014.

Background:
As I have stated in my personal details, I enjoy all things pertaining to railroads and trains.  I am so happy when I see or even hear a train moving through.  I have been that way for most of my life

This really amazes me. Countless times throughout my life I have encountered a train, without expecting one. Usually the only time I am expecting one is if I hear the engineer receive permission to occupy a part of track in my area. However, many times I hear or see one and my scanner is either picked up or turned off. It has happened to me countless times at my parents' house or in my paw paw's garden. You see, it is significantly less noisy over there. They are also around 2.5 to 3 miles directly south of the main line, so trains can easily be heard; even more so when a north wind is blowing. Thank you for bearing with me for that boring explanation. My point is that many times, I have stepped outside and a train just happened to be passing through. Coincidence, no. I believe that it is God doing 2 things: He is reminding me that He is in control and that I am enjoying that train because He wanted me to enjoy it. Also He is reminding me to not put my faith in earthly things exclusively, i.e. my scanner. Many times my scanner has preformed less than desirable. The scanner does help, but more often than not I just happen to be in the right place at the right time. The same thing goes for when I am in close proximity to tracks. I usually have my scanner on during those times, because I am expecting a train, but the scanner sometimes (a lot of times, actually) doesn't receive the signals it should. The train takes me by surprise, it is God reminding me that He is in control. Praise God Blue Now, that is encountering trains by the Grace of God.

Might I also add that God, to me, would be something like a long haul freight train. The size, the power, the awesomeness, the commanding of reverence and respect. I would imagine God would have the power and size of all the trains in the world times infinity just inside His smallest toe. worship

I would like to also say that though I could never be ANY kind of railroad worker on earth, I only hope and pray that in Heaven God would let me be one. It would be something called the Glory Train, where we would ride throughout Heaven continuously praising Jesus and giving Him the utmost glory love and honor. If Jesus would have me I could also work on a train that would have me haul building materials so He could build mansions for all of His children! choir 

There, I hope everyone enjoyed...
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Encountering [and Enjoying] Trains by the Grace of God :: Comments

No Comment.

Encountering [and Enjoying] Trains by the Grace of God

Page 1 of 1