Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Not a Wizard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoriV
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
EPISTLER (201-250 posts)
LoriV

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Not a Wizard Empty
PostNot a Wizard

Sometimes I find myself thinking about God as if He were the Wizard of Oz.  And me, Dorothy, walking the Yellow Brick Road desperately trying to get to Him; planning ahead of time what I am going to ask of Him when I finally make it into His presence; hoping I will find favor in His sight.   Taking my friends along with me, assuring them He is what they need, but all along feeling unsure of my own status with the Mighty One.  Often feeling powerless and scared of the witch that swoops down, or the monkeys that creep up trying to destroy me.  Oh, and if I only had a pair of magic shoes that would take me back “home” to an easy, safe place.

Truth is better than a fairy tale.  I do not have a wizard god.  The true God, my God, is near.  Emmanuel.  I am welcome in His presence.  Anytime.  I never have to wait to get an appointment with Him. 

His arms toward me are always open.  Never crossed in disgust.  He knows what I need better than I do and is, without question, going to give it to me.

He has armed me with every weapon that I need to fight the “witches and monkeys”, and strengthens me for the fight.  He has assured me of victory if I will but use my weapons of war.

And one day, quite possibly in a flash, He is going to take me home to a safe and easy place.  No magical shoes needed.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Not a Wizard :: Comments

Alanakh
Re: Not a Wizard
Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:11 am by Alanakh
Thank you !

Not a Wizard

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Blogs-
Jump to: