Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

The Great Iron Jaws

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frank Lee Jennings
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Frank Lee Jennings

Charity : Salvation Army
Charity : Local food pantry

The Great Iron Jaws Empty
PostSubject: The Great Iron Jaws   The Great Iron Jaws EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 pm

The Great Iron Jaws Great%20Iron%20Jaws_zpslnfzyxo3

My crude impression of those jaws

The Great Iron Jaws

There was a time earlier in my Christian journey when God dealt more with me in dreams and visions than He does now, though He still does from time to time. After a fast He would give me a dream or vision while I was asleep, that was very realistic, just as if it was real and I was a witness or a participant.

Matthew 6:3-4 KJVS
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: [4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

and,

Acts 2:17 KJVS
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

and,

Job 33:14-17 KJVS
For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 
[15] In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; [16] Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, [17] That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

I had ended a fast that day and went to sleep that night. As I slept God sent a terribly vivid vision or dream. In this I was an observer but not a participant. I was watching two men wrestling, struggling against each other. They were stereotypical of men in the world, each trying to get an advantage over the other. To climb higher, be better, make more money and all of the rest that's part of the ways of the world. It wasn't black there but was very dark and shadowy.

Behind these men and not noticed by them was an imposing, dreadful apparatus. Imagine if you will a massive set of jaws similar to those we have. Both the top and bottom jaws were lined with massive rectangular teeth, each tooth being say fifteen feet in height and ten feet in width. These "teeth" were in a straight line top and bottom, not curved as a human jaw.  The entire structure appeared to be made of old, massive pieces of steel or iron.

The impressive thing about the teeth was that each one was hinged where it met the solid iron jaw. The top teeth at the tops and the bottom teeth at the bottoms. As the jaws opened vertically these teeth would begin to hinge back and forth at random and in so doing would make a sort of gobbling action. With this sort of motion anything close to those fearful jaws would be gobbled to the inside. What lay on the other side of those jaws I did not want to think about.

Now, I'd always considered that the gates of hell, what few times I did think of them, were set side by side like all the gates we are familiar with. What the Spirit of God was showing me here was a massive, terrible gate that opened like some freight elevators, top gate goes up, bottom jaw goes down.

These were the gates of hell that these two ignorant men were were next to. So close to being gobbled up and not even aware of it. As they wrestled, rolling back and forth on the ground, they moved against those horrible gobbling teeth, hinging back and forth. They were quickly consumed by the jaws and delivered to the darkness on the other side. 

After they were eaten, the teeth ceased their gobbling and were still. The jaws were closed and the teeth were together, similar to our jaws when shut with teeth resting together. All the while I had been standing off to one side, away from the jaws, witnessing the whole thing.

After some unknown period of time had passed, years or minutes I know not, the jaws opened up again and spat out those two men. Immediately  I saw them as they were both laboring in a large, busy restaurant. They were joyfully rushing from table to table and at one point actually dove together to catch a small crumb that had fallen from one if the tables.

As this scene played the Lord began a narrative about these men. Thougb I was deep in sleep it was as if I were watching a movie, He said; "these two men after experiencing these gates, and more to the point, what horrors awaited them on the other side of them, would do anything to avoid returning there. No job would be to hard, dirty or difficult, no hours would be too long, no conditions too harsh or adverse. They would cheerfully do any and every task and praise God all the while they worked. But in reality it cannot happen. Once a person, man or woman, passes through those jaws they can never return. They have entered forever". This is the message that came with the terrible scenes and emotions. 

Job 7:13-14 KJVS
When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint;
 [14] Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions:

After that I awoke. My heart and my mind were racing and a fear gripped me that I will not even attempt to describe. "Lord, is that me"!? I didn't know what to say or do. As I lie there a verse of scripture was strongly impressed to my mind. With the bed side lamp on, I grabbed my bible that was kept there and turned as quickly as I could to Hebrews 10:35;

Hebrews 10:35 KJVS
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward

A great wave of relief and Thanksgiving replaced my fear and apprehension. He has given me dreams of  great beauty, peace and encouragement from time to time but this dream was a warning for all.
So let us all be advised. God does not give such things just to pass the time. 

Hebrews 10:31 KJVS
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Corinthians 5:11 KJVS
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Paul knew the terror of the Lord. Pray God that you escape those jaws. Make certain that I pray this earnestly. I post this for me and for all. Any peace, comfort, quietness of spirit you are presently enjoying is because God has graciously granted it. I can get still and quiet at any time and realize that the peace of God and His wonderful presence surrounds me. The spirit of God is wonderfully here! Praise be for His gift of peace. Try to imagine what it would be like without His presence and peace. I doubt if you can unless He has allowed you to briefly experience it. The absence of the peace of God is the atmosphere of hell.

That's what it's like on the far side of the gates of hell. He did not give me this just for me but for whosoever will. He that has ears to hear let him hear. I have been chastened and scourged by God. I praise Him for it, for He still is dealing with me as a son. A blow from the correcting hand of God is better than any kind embrace, since He is directing us to His ways.

Hebrews 5:8 KJVS
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Mark 7:16 KJVS
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

In the last few months friends God has yanked me out of one life and thrust me into another more serious, sober one. It's for my good and training and as far as I am able by His grace and equipping, for the good and teaching of anyone that cares to listen.

In His service,

Frank Lee Jennings

Last edited by Frank Lee Jennings on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

The Great Iron Jaws Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Iron Jaws   The Great Iron Jaws EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:59 pm

Amen Frank, verily, verily Amen!
Back to top Go down

The Great Iron Jaws
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1