Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

God's joke on the devil

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frank Lee Jennings
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Frank Lee Jennings

Charity : Salvation Army
Charity : Local food pantry

God's joke on the devil Empty
PostSubject: God's joke on the devil   God's joke on the devil EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 10:10 am

Randy Cutlip,  God's Joke on the devil 

https://youtu.be/EQjKGhV_3Cc

https://youtu.be/XlyALRn7f4g

God's joke on the devil Screenshot_SmartSelect_2016-08-21-05-06-16_zps5nejnwkn

Randy was keyboardist for the three dog night rock group and was a speed junkie for twenty years. He never became a "rock star" in his own right because of his addiction to the drug speed. Randy came to our church to give his testimony in the late 70's and to share some of his music. I still have a cassette tape of that service somewhere. The following is my remembrance of the testimony he gave at that Sunday morning service. I gave a message in tongues that morning and the interpretation was given to Randy. He sat at the keyboard of our organ as he testified and would play and sing one of his compositions at intervals. I've placed a YouTube link to a couple of those that he actually sang that day within this brief text. 

God came supernaturally to convict and save him and he described an event where God came into his room in a "little white cloud with fire coming from it",  like flashes of lightening. 

During that visitation Randy was saved and filled with the Holy Spirit.
The Lord told him "you're going to be my joke on the devil"! 

He joined a local church where he was baptized, even though the seminary educated pastor scoffed at his experience with God. God doing miracles was not part of that church's teaching.  Randy's education was minimal but he had a large library filled with books because he wanted people to think he was well read though he never read any of them. When he went in to speak with the pastor he saw a room filled with books.  He wondered if this fellow was kidding everyone too. Randy said the problem was he'd actually read those books. 

Nevertheless,  Randy had a church to attend,  even if they didn't believe that God would stoop to a supernatural visitation to a sinner He wanted to save. 

The Lord told Randy to get a bicycle for it was going to be part of His ministry. He said God told him to get a good one since "you're going to be up on that thing like Roy Rogers was up on Trigger". He told Randy where and how far to ride every day and also every time someone honked at him,  or cursed at him or tried to run him off the road it was the Lord's sign telling him who to pray for and the Holy Spirit would be on their trail. 

When he first started riding he was in terrible shape but little by little he improved and enjoyed praying for the large numbers of people that cursed,  honked and tried to run him over. When he got up every day it was  "praise God,  I'm going to get to pray for about a hundred people today"! After being faithful to this calling for several months he got to be in very good physical condition.  Another thing, a supernatural thing, became plain. It got to where rarely did anyone honk at him, curse at him or try to run him off the shoulder of the road. The adversary had learned that Randy had disciplined himself to the place that he was going to pray for those that cursed him and despitefully used him. 

Randy went on to minister to the youth and travel about sharing his testimony and music.  I understand that he backslide for a number of years but returned to the Lord some time before his death in 2000. He seemed to be a lonely person and after being involved in the dark underworld of rock music for so long it was a wonder for him to be saved. He was a gentle soul and ministered the love of God from firsthand experience,
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: God's joke on the devil   God's joke on the devil EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 11:11 am

"Did you know that Jeremiah was a 'bullfrog?'
Was a good friend I'd heard,
never could understand a single word he spoke
but he was helpful in drinking wine
always seemed to have...
some mighty fine wine"
And..."One is still the loneliest number."
Back to top Go down
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

PostSubject: Re: God's joke on the devil   God's joke on the devil EmptyFri May 24, 2019 4:07 am

Thank You Frank. If anyone does not believe a person can die of a heroin overdose then just read my post "Dear 21 Pilots"! I really appreciate your post here. It is filled with the Hope of God! I am a Spirit Filled Catholic! I have seen many many many miracles in my life! We will see Randy again, and sooner than we think! Maranatha my Brother in Christ! Love you Sister in Christ, Gwyn Jesus Cross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God's joke on the devil   God's joke on the devil Empty

Back to top Go down

God's joke on the devil
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: