Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Parasha SHOFIM (Deut 16:18-219)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

Parasha SHOFIM (Deut 16:18-219)   Empty
PostSubject: Parasha SHOFIM (Deut 16:18-219)    Parasha SHOFIM (Deut 16:18-219)   EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm

PARASHA: SHOFTIM (judges)

DEUT 16:18-21:9......................ISAIAH 51:12-52:12.....................JOHN 11:1-57

This Parasha starts out with; "Appoint judges and officers within all your gates.....they shall judge the people with righteous right-ruling"

And so it was back then, that Moshe appointed judges and officers to help him rule the nation of Israel. We remember back when the Israelites came out of Egypt and arrived at Sinai, that Yitro, Moshe's Father-in-law came up with that same suggestion, that he might appoint elders to help judge the nation. Here Adonai is giving this as a commandment.

A nation can not be ruled by one person, it is a "team effort" to rule a nation, a group of people, or even a church or synagogue.

"Righteous, right-ruling" are the key words DO NOT DISTORT RIGHT-RULING, unfortunately, we have rulers that do exactly that! they bend the rule, corrupt governments

bring disorder to churches and synagogues, teach falsehoods, we have crooked people in government offices, both in state and federal, and they do much harm, yet also we have good and righteous people in those offices, that try to make a difference, those who stand up to God's WORD. We must always pray that those people are elected to those offices as judges, officers, etc..

"RIGHTEOUSNESS, RIGHTEOUSNESS THOU SHALL PERSUE" (Tzedek, Tzedek Tirdof)

One might ask why twice the word "righteousness?" any purpose? perhaps to make emphasis, we can also say one must pursue righteous ends through righteous means,

we must do what is right and correct to achieve whatever goal we have in mind. Not like the man who sees a very poor man that needs a car to get to a new job, so the man sees that his neighbor has two cars, so, he steals one of them to give to the poor man, so that the poor man can get to his job and support his family. Well, he might have had a righteous thought in mind, but went about it in a very "unrighteous" way. (he could have asked the neighbor to donate one car, or, give the poor man bus fare)

The Parasha also tells a king to "make a copy of the Torah, to read it and study it, and live by it". A very good commandment, if all leaders were led by God's Word, there would be NO corruption. Yet many leaders are led by the ways of the world and by the flesh, and ignore God's WORD, and reject his LIVING WORD.

We also learn that the Levites were cared for by the rest of the congregation, they received the grain offerings and the animal offerings so that they might live well, since they are serving YHVH. So we must remember YHVH's servants today that live to serve HIM, and live to teach his word. Those that live to teach the WORD should be maintained by God's people. Unfortunately, many pastors, preachers, rabbis, have to have secular jobs as well because the people do not give, especially in third world countries.

18:18 "I shall raise up for them a Prophet like you out of the midst of their brothers and I shall put my words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them ALL that I command Him"

Did Yeshua come from Israel? Yes, did he come from the tribe of Y'hudah? Yes, Did Adonai put HIS words in the mouth of YESHUA? Yes! Did Yeshua speak forth the Words of the Father? Yes, could this verse be speaking about someone else? I would say not.

YHVH spoke his words and Moshe and his other servants wrote them down, and we have the whole written word today to learn from and live by. Baruch HaShem Yeshua-Adonai!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ISAIAH 51:12-52:12

YHVH speaks through his prophet and says "And I have put my words in your mouth and with the shadow of my hand, I have covered you, to plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and to say to Zion, "Atah Ami" (you are my people). But wait a minute, didn't Deut 18:18 say that too? and God is speaking to the prophet Isaiah. But Isaiah was a prophet of God, and God DID put HIS words in HIS mouth as well. BUT..Did Isaiah plant the heavens? and lay the foundations of the earth? Those he did NOT! but he still was God's voice to a wayward Israel, only YESHUA planted the heavens and the foundations of the earth as ELOHIM. Isaiah was part of Am Israel, yet the people BELONG to Adonai-Elohim. 52:6 "Therefore My people shall know MY NAME, for I AM the one who is speaking. Our God has many names, and his most Holy name, Y-H-V-H or some might say Y-H-W-H, and in the future, ALL will know his most HOLY name, KNOW, meaning TO UNDERSTAND the meaning behind it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JOHN 11:1-57

We see the beautiful story of Lazarus, in the Hebrew "Elazar" who was sick, died, and given life again by Yeshua. We see in both these names, are two of the most important names of God, YAH and EL, YAH (behold the hand/arm of the LORD) and EL (The powerful God who leads) Yeshua lifted up his voice and we can imagine him extending his hand, pointing to the tomb and commanding, "Elazar, Urah VaTze'ah" (Lazarus, come forth) And so in the future, all those who are dead in HIM will arise and forever, BE with HIM in HaShamayim, in the Heavens and enjoy eternity.

Shabbat Shalom................rabbi Ben Avraham
Back to top Go down

Parasha SHOFIM (Deut 16:18-219)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1