Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Writer's Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Writer's Block Empty
PostSubject: Writer's Block   Writer's Block EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 am

Writer's Block Bloc10

writer's block

It seems pointless to rant and rave about things you're not willing to fight to change. Some things can't be changed, but you can change yourself. Sometimes you have to move on whatever the cost, or you'll get stuck. In the long run you'll wish you had anyway. We all have our fears to contend with. They vary from person to person and situations. I'm afraid of words, your's, theirs, mine. I'm even more afraid of those who have judged, based on one half of a story. they terrify me. Should I live in fear of what I might say, You say, They say?

It seems even more "pointless", to break in the middle of my busy day for this. Leaning against the steering wheel of my truck, lost in thought. I begin to write on a now uncrumpled scrap of paper I picked up off the floor. Halfway through I'm stuck.... Pen in hand, a stand-off. My hand begins to tremble slightly, tears well up in my eyes, I crumple it up again...it's clenched in my fist. I reluctantly begin to open my hand, words unfurl crooked but still legible, like the many roads I've traveled, cursive flows ending in abrupt periods of reflection. A gentle voice inside me says, "don't discard this...it's a little piece of you, me, us, them". but I've written this countless times before in my mind and paper and pen are merely a formality. It is only open to interpretation when it is shared, unsure of what's being said exactly, though precise in expressing a feeling. Complications, prejudices, fears, influencing perceptions as it is read, altering it's meaning. Captured in the moment, too fragile to cleave to, released and forgotten, it becomes someone else's burden or someone else's joy. Work, there's always that...a blessing not a "given" and I am most grateful, but I know there's much work left undone at the end of everyday. Something always remains unfinished despite our most earnest efforts.  
Back to top Go down

Writer's Block
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1