Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

My Tribute to Adam dob 12-16-1980 dod 04-25-2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

My Tribute to Adam  dob 12-16-1980 dod 04-25-2016 Empty
PostSubject: My Tribute to Adam dob 12-16-1980 dod 04-25-2016   My Tribute to Adam  dob 12-16-1980 dod 04-25-2016 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 3:23 am

My Tribute to Adam

I am  Gwyn Adam’s Mother. I want you to know and see the heart of Adam. Even at 2 years old when most kids are learning to articulate Adam knew his alphabet and could count! He could hold highly intelligent conversation.  When he began preschool at 4 yr.s old his teacher told me that he would probably be a doctor, because he was so intelligent. In fact every elementary school teacher told me that he was probably going to be a doctor. When Adam was 5 he asked Jesus to come into his heart! He loved to sing in the children's choir at Church. He always went to Sunday School and had many friends there. He was always a good boy growing up. When his brother Daniel was born. My cesarean  re-opened and I also had pneumonia, Adam was 6 years old. He helped me take care of baby Daniel, his younger sister Sheila and his younger brother John. He even would help change his diapers occasionally for me. He was always a helpful boy. I was so proud of him and as he got a little older he would help me do the laundry. Carrying countless baskets of clothes up & down 2 flights of stairs. Helping me to carry in all the groceries and put them away. When Adam was in 3rd grade he was able to do square root in his head! In kindergarten he was able to comprehend thousands, hundred thousands and millions!
Adam loved to play little league baseball; he was the team's home run hitter! He had thousands of major league baseball player facts memorized! He had a massive collection of baseball cards. You could pick any card out of his box of many hundreds of cards and cover the name of the player and not only would he tell you the name of the player and team, but most of the statistics on the back of the card about that player. He knew every major league player and team! When he was playing little league one evening, he took a fastball pitch to his right eye! It hit him hard! His eye immediately swelled up and closed! Did he cry? Oh no! He just looked straight at the pitcher, cocked his bat and continued playing! In the audience was a Police Athletic League coach. He said, Man I want that boy on my football team! And so that is how Adam began his love of football. He played on the PAL Raiders team and he was very good! He was tough as nails and could run like a deer. Oh how I had wished that his Poppy (my Dad) could have watched him play… maybe he did see him from Heaven. Adam loved his Grandparents on both sides. He has two 5th generation pictures with them. He also was an avid basketball player and he loved all the pro basketball team’s with Michael Jordan being his all time favorite and Shaquille O'Neal as his 2nd most favorite! When he became an adult he even started to pick up the sport of Golf. He loved to go out to the driving range and see how far he could make them fly!
When Adam was 11 and Sheila was 10 they both wanted to be baptized into Christ. It was one of the highlights of my life and I am so glad they did.
One day when Adam was 12 I let him and his brother John 9 go Christmas shopping at Glenbrook mall. I told them at lunch time to very carefully cross the street at the light and go over to McDonalds. When I picked them up, I heard the most wonderful story from Adam. He told me that He and John had to stand in a line that went clear out to the door. After waiting in line for a very long time, when they were almost up to the counter, Adam looked back and saw at the end of the line all the way back by the door, a very old man with a cane and his wife who was using a walker. Adam told John to hold their place in the line and he would be right back. He brought the old man and woman all the way to the front of the line, had them take their place and then he and John went back to the end of the line. I was so proud of Adam and John for doing that good deed. I told him that it was just what Jesus would do!
When Adam was 16 he was somehow introduced to hard drugs and he began his long walk in darkness from that point on. He became a staunch atheist and had no qualms about arguing anyone under the carpet! Except ONE!  JESUS CHRIST! About a year and 6 months ago Adam began his search for the Lord and happened to watch EWTN. He watched a program about Pope Francis before he was the Pope. This kicked in Adam’s research mode! And he shared with me many times how he was touched and awed by the Christ like actions of Pope Francis. I want to share with you all, some of the things that Adam shared with me, over and over during the past year and a half!
There was A profile written by John L. Allen Jr. for the National Catholic Reporter he offers some intriguing details about new Pope Francis.
As Cardinal (whorehay)Jorge Mario Bergoglio, he showed compassion for the victims of HIV-AIDS and in 2001. He visited a hospice to kiss and wash the feet of 12 AIDS patients.
In 2008, the Catholic News Agency reported that Bergoglio washed the feet of 12 recovering drug addicts at a rehabilitation center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he is from.  Apr 17, 2014 - Pope Francis washed the feet of 12 elderly and disabled people — women and non-Catholics among them — in a pre-Easter ritual designed to show his willingness to serve like a "slave." Francis' decision in 2013 to perform the Holy Thursday ritual on women and Muslim inmates at a juvenile detention center just two weeks after his election helped define his rule-breaking papacy. It riled traditionalist Catholics, who pointed to the Vatican's own regulations that the ritual be performed only on men since Jesus' 12 apostles were men.The 2014 edition brought Francis to a center for the elderly and disabled Thursday. Francis kneeled down, washed, dried and kissed the feet of a dozen people, some in wheelchairs. Of the 12 elderly and disabled people, nine were Italian, one was a Muslim from Libya, a young man from Cape Verde and an Ethiopian woman.  the pontiff said, “Jesus made a gesture, a job, the service of a slave, a servant ... We need to be servants to one another,”  On Mar 28, 2013 - Pope Francis washed the feet of 12 inmates aged 14 to 21, and he went to old people's homes, including pregnant mothers and AIDS patients. “We need to go out to the outskirts where there is suffering, bloodshed, blindness that longs for sight, and prisoners in thrall to many evil masters,” he said at a mass in St Peter’s Basilica.  “It is not in soul-searching or constant introspection that we encounter the Lord.”  April 4, 2015 - Pope Francis washed the feet of 12 inmates In what has become an annual tradition for Pope Francis, the pontiff marked Holy Thursday by washing the feet of 12 inmates in a Rome prison.
Francis traveled to a Prison to celebrate the Mass of Our Lord’s Supper with inmates. During the liturgy, he washed the feet of 12 inmates there. Pope Francis ate Lunch With Gay, HIV Positive and Transgender Prisoners According to the Gospel of John, Jesus washed his apostles’ feet at the Last Supper (13: 2-17). On his first Holy Thursday as pope in 2013, Francis encouraged priests not to be just managers, but to go to the "’outskirts’ where there is suffering, bloodshed, blindness that longs for sight.” I believe that Our Lord Jesus Christ in and through Pope Francis was able to touch my Son’s heart with the true love of God that Jesus so clearly portrayed for us!
Matthew 9:11-13 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” I truly believe with all my heart that Jesus reached into Adam’s heart in and through Pope Francis. It had been a long, long time that Adam had been walking in darkness. But our God is mighty to save! I believe with all my heart this was when Adam 1st saw the light of God and heart of God since he was a young boy! Now as a man Adam truly believed that God does exist! And that Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior who is the precious Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=NIV&search=Hebrews 11:6]Hebrews 11:6[/url] NIV says,  And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. He saw how Pope Francis was living like Jesus! I think he saw Pope Francis as WWJD! What would Jesus do? And seeing the Pope Francis doing it! Moved Adam’s heart into the realm of renewed faith in God. Adam began believing that Jesus Christ is the the Son of God! John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.John 3:18
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. John 3:36
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.John 5:24
I am thoroughly convinced that Adam has crossed over from death to life! For those who believe that Jesus is who he said he was! We will see Adam again! For now Adam sees and knows Jesus face to face! All Adam’s bazillion and one inquisitive questions have been answered and it is well with his soul! OH PRAISE GOD ADAM IS WITH HIS LORD AND SAVIOR!
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John 6:40 Jesus said, Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.John 6:47 I love it when Jesus Comforted the Sisters of Lazarus
17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, 19 and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home. 21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” 27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” 28 After she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,” she said, “and is asking for you.” 29 When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet entered the village, but was still at the place where Martha had met him. 31 When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her, noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her, supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there. 32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” 33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. 34 “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. 35 Jesus wept. 36 Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!” 37 But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39 “Take away the stone,” he said. “But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.” 40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe,you will see the glory of God?” 41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” 43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice,“Lazarus, come out!” 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
Oh PRAISE GOD ADAM BELIEVES!
Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. John 12:44
One of Adam’s favorite Apostles was the apostle Paul who said, For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16  I know Adam lived with a tremendous amount of guilt and shame because of his drug addiction. He suffered greatly with depression, mental illness,  and drug addiction from the time he was 16 years old. I was totally able to relate with my Son, because we deeply understood how addiction could keep us in a destructive, shame based life! Adam with drug addiction and I will food addiction. Both are indicative to a life of shame and guilt.
As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”  Romans 10:11  Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh.Romans 8:1-3
I am so thankful that Adam and Daniel no longer live in shame, depression and guilt, their suffering has ended. Mental illness no longer has a hold on them! Addiction has ended and it is well with their souls. All the condemnation that satan threw at them and people too, falls hard to the ground! JESUS HAS SET ADAM AND HIS BROTHER FREE! Adam and Daniel standing on the other side, i believe would say to us...They would tell us all to BELIEVE and NOT TO DOUBT! I believe that Adam & his brother Daniel has met the Lord Jesus their Savior and King face to face, I believe that my Son is rejoicing with unspeakable JOY, and is filled with the Glory of God! I believe Adam has met his unborn child, and is happy and at peace with his Brother Daniel and with his Poppy and all those he knew and love who had gone on before them. Adam wanted to convert to catholicism, the two weeks he lived with me before his death, he would read the Nicene Creed EVERY SINGLE DAY! He believed it! He had gone to Mass with me more times then I could possibly count! He would get on his knees and pray and cry. While here with me, he read all the Catholic books I had! I believe Adam was a Catholic in his heart! Adam believed that The Catholic Church is not just another denomination within Christianity, it is the universal community established by Jesus. It means whole and universal. He may not had been confirmed a Catholic, but in his heart he was Catholic. Adam had been going to Indiana University to study and be a Professor of Roman History. In ending I want to read to you the Nicene Creed which meant so much to Adam as well as myself. Adam would want me to be sure that everyone knew this fact>>> The Nicene Creed was written during the 4th century A.D. in an attempt to unify the Christian Church under the emperor Constantine.
The Nicene Creed >>>We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,  
eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 1 John 5:10 If you don’t know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please seek the Lord while he may be found and call upon him while he is near.  This is my Tribute to My Son Adam Daniel Beck whom I will like for always,  whom I will love forever and as long as I will be living for all eternity, I’ll be loving you Adam. Love Mama thank you for reading. Bible
Back to top Go down

My Tribute to Adam dob 12-16-1980 dod 04-25-2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1