Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

"ROARY ROOSTER"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

"ROARY ROOSTER" Empty
PostSubject: "ROARY ROOSTER"   "ROARY ROOSTER" EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 am

Oh, this picture of this roosters spurs remind me of my pet rooster, "Roary Rooster" was his name. He liked to chase down and spur strangers legs. He would be penned in the coop yard but always and forever would escape!!! I should have named him, "Houdini"!
Well my Dad told me that if he spurred one more person, that he was going to chop his head off and put him in the freezer!
I was only 9 or 10 and made a pet out of every farm animal we ever had. If they were small I would put doll clothes on them and push them around the farm in my green baby buggy. Sneak them up to my bedroom to play with them, and sneak them into my bedroom to sleep overnight with me. LOL The piglets always got me into trouble, because they always, "squealed on me!" LOL
The very day my Dad told me what would happen to Roary if he spurred anyone else! My Grandma (Dad's Mother) came to visit and I was so excited to see her, that I took off running from the house to the barn where she parked her car, right by the chicken coop. As I was running, Grandma got out of her car and Roary got out of his coop and runs straight to Grandma and jumps on the back of her leg calf, he dug his spurs deep into her leg! Dad kicked him off her hard! At that point I felt I was running in slow motion! As I watched blood running down Grandmas leg. It was bad! Dad went into the barn got the axe and with me, grabbing onto Dad's legs with my arms and legs wrapped around his leg screaming and crying, NO Daddy NO! He drug me and Roary up to the chopping block. Off went, his head. It was a very hard lesson to learn. When I was young I did not understand all the why's of it. Why did Roary have to hurt people with his spurs? Why did my Dad have to cut off his head? It was awful! Even with his head cut off he jumped around the barnyard, looking very much alive, it seemed like a very long time to me, I thought. fright
Now I know that He was just being a Rooster and doing what a rooster does. Unfortunately.
I also learned that when Dad said something, he meant it. I saw a look of remorse on his face, when he looked down on me, sobbing and crying. Yet Daddy did, just what he said he would do. I learned fast on our farm, that Dad called a "Zoo". LOL LOL We had everything, Chickens, geese, ducks and ducks with red heads, called Muscovy Ducks! Pigs, sheep, big horn goats, cows for milking, steers for selling and the freezer, goats for milking and breeding, a very, mean pony named, Silver. Horses, rabbits, cats, dogs of all sorts, guinea pigs, and barn bats! LOL I think I will start writing more "Farm Memoirs" it has been fun. I had a pet raccoon his mother was run over, Dad brought him home one morning. It was instant LOVE for me!!!

"ROARY ROOSTER" JO8Q3I5ZRRLTG3sokNPzplnx0DVc9u3fvbwm2Dneekkfd1jR13I__Xa3zxttMdH1tLGfwMe3-v9PbRK17hF_l2OgvBF2dV4iZUYrcfIH18JSUuFivlSY1V5iO_9u155eWfRn79zu "ROARY ROOSTER" XEJE_z7v4z0a9yCr1-c8Y8m_tYrQYtLvj40KM4F9lERugnVHgdTO93zroz_ZdmvVXhUtEnr12CSvIrYjuQg4SAVlDLcqAJ-yEBS3LA4ZvCMl6Lc_MervSyU1daKzN_ltMEElChVU"ROARY ROOSTER" Y9wFGUZdP5vg0E2YykCKcqkzfOUGPK0gUX4ZGWvdR6sdrh1CCNsIlbhyye1KmGNzqv3y5bsm5CLbtGVa3OCnSUbsLoIrp0tB-tv220X37eG1-DikKTLFNWGFZB22bOu1u7nTdH5lMore Farm Memoirs to come... wave thank you for reading this. Love in Christ, Gwyn Bless You  
Back to top Go down

"ROARY ROOSTER"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: " />
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Memoirs, Autobiographies, & Biographies-