Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

My Actions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: My Actions   My Actions EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm

I have problems. Anyone who might happen to read this does too. It is what we choose to do about our problems that sets each one of us apart and makes us different from everybody else. No matter who you might happen to be, I feel sure that at some time or another, you have been forced to make a decision whether to help someone else who has a problem as well. People need one another at times. We make daily decisions regarding our treatment of others. To help or not to help...to be there for someone or not...to get involved or to turn away.

Our Bible talks about a group of people called Samaritans. They were a mixed group of people who were considered somewhat inferior to others. They were considered second class citizens. In Luke 10:30-37, we are told about The Good Samaritan. In this chapter of the Bible, a certain man had the misfortune of falling among thieves, who stripped him, robbed and wounded him and left him for dead along the roadside. A priest and a Levite, both considered to be 'holy' people came upon this helpless man and on both occasions, crossed the road in order to avoid even recognizing his presence. The Samaritan came along and not only recognized that the man needed help, he responded to the situation and immediately got involved. The Samaritan chose to help, bandaged his wounds, brought him to an inn and paid for the expenses.

Jesus tells us to do likewise. It does us no good to appear to be socially acceptable. To be seen at church and to be recognized as a Christian is not enough. Nice clothes, nice cars and good looks mean nothing. It is our inside appearance that matters the most. Each day, we are given opportunities to reveal our true identity. Will we choose to be like the Levite, who to all outward appearances was great? Or will we choose to be a Samaritan, somewhat inferior, but, with compassion for others?

It is my prayer today that I truly exhibit love, care and compassion for others. Let me not be seen as a Levite, caring for my own personal gain. Let my heart be tender, let my ways be humble, let others see Jesus through my actions and my words. Lord, let me be more of a Samaritan.

Luke 10:33 "But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion"

Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 pm

That is a great story, I have loved it since I first read it. Thank you so much for sharing it. You have an inspiring way of writing. I pray that it speaks straight to the heart of all that read it.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Everything you post is always thoughtful and beneficial.
God Bless.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Great refresher. I love your little gems of wisdom, and you write them so well. By the way, welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful vacation!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Thank you both for the words of encouragement. I had a great vacation, but I am glad to be back home as well. I had a wonderful time, but I seriously missed my daily writings.
Back to top Go down
PatsyDyer
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
PatsyDyer

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:31 pm

This is a great reminder for all Christians.

I especially like your prayer: "..Let my heart be tender, let my ways be humble, let others see Jesus through my actions and my words..." It shoud be the prayer of each of us.

God bless.

Back to top Go down
http://www.patsydyer.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Amen Patsy, I wholeheartedly agree!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Thank you...and God Bless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Actions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Actions   My Actions Empty

Back to top Go down

My Actions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Fiction Novels & Short Stories-