Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Self-Control?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wordsmith
TECHNICIAN
TECHNICIAN
Wordsmith

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 pm

I sometimes find it hard to make myself write, especially with all of the distractions in my life. Kids want to be fed, the husband needs attention, and sometimes Facebook just calls my name, so I find it useful to set aside a certain time where I have to write. It's a little rule I gave myself that I can only break in emergencies. (Emergencies don't enclude powerful cravings for chocolate icecream that want to be satisfied immediately.) I even put a reminder in my calender to pop-up and annoy me until I do it. It seems to help.
Back to top Go down
voiceoftruelove
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
voiceoftruelove

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:55 am

Yep, many things want our attention, sometimes rightfully so, but i agree that most times we have to firmly set our face on the work we are called/purposed to do or we may never do it.
Back to top Go down
http://voiceoftruelove.wordpress.com
Sosoo
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Sosoo

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Well... talking about Self-Control and writing... a totally different thought:

I sometimes feel like my self-control, thought-discipline and fear of letting go, both emotionally and mentally, is a barrier in my writing process? Do you think that too?
Sometimes I feel like great artists somehow manage to totally dive into this world of art and they find awesome stuff there (I mean even without drugs!). Somehow they create those AMAZING works, lines, word puns, images, flows, etc. and it is a mystery to me how they can do it... they find words that talk right into my heart (and a lot of other people's hearts), but for some reason I couldn't find them on my own... I feel so rigid and controlled at times when I want to write something down...

Do you think those geniuses could be less self-controlled? Bolder to let go of rules and programs and forms? 

How can you learn that?
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sosoo
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Sosoo

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Ha! Cool, thanks! I totally forgot about that movie... should watch it again soon
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 2:17 pm

You know I just took another second, third, maybe fourth or more look at this...and it struck me the key to this post??? Couldn't figure it out till now but it kept pulling at me.
Right here: "I sometimes find it hard to make myself write"-Lora C.
For me it is impossible to make myself write and I know this within me for a fact.
When the very last thing on my mind is anything at all to do with writing...that's exactly when I find myself engaged in it to whatever unknown end or purpose.
It is a calling that cannot be ignored, though I have truly tried.
And I find myself here, right now, at it and the only thing that comes to the fore as my fingers are busy is...???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
But the writing seems to have an entirely different message/agenda almost autonomously?

Self Control, seems like "anathema" to writing for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Self-Control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Control?   Self-Control? Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Control?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: