Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

This Is For Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

This Is For Everyone Empty
PostSubject: This Is For Everyone   This Is For Everyone EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Let me start by saying, I did not write this in order to verbally attack any one particular person. I also want to say that, I KNOW that I am BY NO MEANS PERFECT and I do not claim to be. I try my best to encourage others by sharing my past, my present and my hopes for the future. However, I happen to be somewhat disturbed, perplexed and amazed this morning. My 'note' for today might be somewhat lengthy, but it is my hope that you bear with me and please remember....I didn't write this as a means of verbal attack. I see it as a truth that WE ALL, EVEN MYSELF, NEED TO HEAR!

Regardless of who you are, I feels sure that you know a SUPER CHRISTIAN, someone who by all appearances is totally for God and can quote scripture like a first grader can sing their ABC's. You might have seen this person at the mall, at a restaurant, at the post office, at church or even on Facebook. Don't get me wrong, it is my desire to 'grow up' to be somewhat of a SUPER CHRISTIAN, but only if my words, ways and ALL my actions line up to the word of God!

It doesn't matter who you are, where you live, how you were raised or to what demonination you belong.....NO HUMAN BEING IS BETTER THAN THE NEXT......Not one of us is perfect. We were ALL born as sinners and NEVER lose that sinful nature. That puts us ALL on an equal plane. We cannot PICK and CHOOSE who we wish to like, tolerate or encourage.....NOT IF WE ARE A CHILD OF GOD, AS WE PROFESS! Yes, it seems as though I am being ugly this morning. Yes, it would be easy for me to really go off. Yes, I am reling upon James 3:1-18 to tame my tongue at this very moment.

My writing is somewhat lengthy this morning, and I hope that you don't happen to lose interest. I have searched a few scriptures this morning and have a few things to say regarding each one that the Lord laid upon my heart. They are as follows:

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth

We often have a huge disparity between what we SAY and what we DO, myself included. Believing and behaving go hand in hand. Confession of the word is USELESS if our actions prove otherwise. Wouldn't it be HORRIBLE if on the day of Judgement, God used the very same scriptures that we are so quick to quote yet slow to apply to our very lives, as a means of condemnation???? People, we must ALL be so very careful!

............OUR WALK MUST MATCH OUR TALK...............

Isaiah 29:13 These people draw near with their mouths, and honor me with their lips, but have removed their hearts from me

This scripture really speaks for itself. Plain and simple, in black and white. If we walk in darkness, no matter which sort, WE DO NOT HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

Again, plain and simple....in black and white...If God said it, I believe it and that settles it!

The next scripture is going to be the last one that I include here today. I saved the best for last. 1 John 2:9, "He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness, even until now." Love for our fellow brother/sister in Christ is evidence of our salvation. How can we cry, "Lord, Lord, have mercy on me......yet, choose to not have mercy upon others? It does not matter what you say with your mouth if your heart is filled with hate for another....IT IS JUST THAT SIMPLE! How can someone claim to love an 'invisible' God when they do not even love His created children?

Not one of us is BETTER than anyone else. We cannot pick and choose WHO to accept. When we stand before the Lord on the day of Judgement, we will be held accountable for ALL our actions. I dont know about you, but I need to keep this fact in mind!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: This Is For Everyone   This Is For Everyone EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Great message. We must always remain vigilant, doing our best to walk our talk. Testing our hearts and questioning our motives is so important. I thank God that He is always faithful and just to forgive me when I fall short, and I can rest in Him and know that He will continually teach me and help me to improve. Because, you're right, none of are perfect, and we never will be, as long as we occupy the flesh.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: This Is For Everyone   This Is For Everyone EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Amen! Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment! God Bless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is For Everyone   This Is For Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

This Is For Everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Fiction Novels & Short Stories-