Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Even When I Lack Understanding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Even When I Lack Understanding Empty
PostSubject: Even When I Lack Understanding   Even When I Lack Understanding EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:24 pm

I didn't see visual proof of the death of Osama Bin Laden, yet, I do believe that he was in fact, captured and killed. I have never seen the wind blow, however, I felt it as soon as I opened my front door this morning. None of us have ever seen gravity in action, yet we firmly believe that we wont start to levitate any time soon. As far as I know, no one has ever been able to get anywhere near the sun, yet, we are taught that it is approximately 92.96 million miles from the planet Earth. It is so easy for us to believe these simple, yet unseen thruths. This makes me wonder why it is so easy for us to doubt the word of God......

I can honestly say that for the LONGEST time, I was caught up in disbelief and doubt. I questioned everything, even the things of this world. I was suspicious, I lived in doubt and I entertained so much confusion. Those of you who know me, know this to be so very true. I believed in all the wrong things. I made terrible decisions, based upon my inner turmoil. I went to church when I felt like it, but I didn't wholeheartedly believe the words spoken inside of those doors. I am so glad that the Lord finally got my attention and proved to me just how wrong I had been. In this aspect, I can relate to someone from the Bible.....

Doubting the word of God and disbelief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are actions which have been displayed by humanity all the way back into Biblical times. Most of us have heard of Doubting Thomas. He was an apostle, a discilple of Jesus Christ, who was not present at the resurrection. His story is told in John 20:24-29. Thomas, doubted the resurrection and found it hard to believe when others told of having seen the risen Christ. However, after seeing the resurrected Jesus and being offered to touch the wounds in his side, Thomas firmly believed! This resulted in the following promise of Jesus to us all, "Blessed are those who have not seenand yet have believed."

It is my prayer today that I continue to grow in faith and belief. Let me take You at your Word regardless of how things might seem. Let me trust You even when I lack understanding. Grant me the grace to trust You and You alone! Thank You!

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Even When I Lack Understanding   Even When I Lack Understanding EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Awesome! Love the message on disbelief. I especially appreciate the first paragraph where you compare what people commonly have faith in to their unwillingness to believe in God. People can believe in the wind, yet they cannot believe in the One who created it. And, I love it when the Lord proves me wrong, because then I know I'm growing and being made more into His likeness.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Even When I Lack Understanding   Even When I Lack Understanding EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:22 pm

Don't forget the two disciples walking from Jerusalem to Emmaus one of them named Cleopas the other no name is given. They also doubted, till the breaking of the Bread.
God Bless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even When I Lack Understanding   Even When I Lack Understanding Empty

Back to top Go down

Even When I Lack Understanding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Fiction Novels & Short Stories-