Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Be Careful

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Be Careful Empty
PostSubject: Be Careful   Be Careful EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 am

We have all said things that we truly mean at the moment, but somehow end up not keeping our word. Throughout the years, I have done this time and time again, especially when times got tough. I feel sure that I am not the only one. Most of us have made this mistake. However, we need to be careful. We need to keep the following in mind.....

"God, if you will just _________________, then I promise I will ________________." When we do this, we are delivering ourselves into a very dangerous situation....unless we have every intention of keeping our word. In Judges 11:30-31, 34-35, Jephthah did the same exact thing and ended up losing his one child, his daughter, due to a vow he made unto the Lord. This tells me that we need to be extremely careful when making such promises. We must be careful and reverant at any and all times that we bring ourselves into His presence. We must remember WHO GOD IS at all times!

God is the utmost authority of ALL that is morally right. He existed before ALL THINGS IN TIME. He is the commander in chief of all the armies of heaven. He rules over the entire universe. God expects our faithfullness of heart and action! He wants and expects our love and obedience. We must fully respect God to the best of our abilities. We are much like a grain of sand when compared unto His awesomeness and capabilities. We must never demand a single thing from God, nor attempt to play games and make bargains. Don't say it if you don't mean it. Give Him the respect He deserves. In Deuteronomy 10:17, we are told, "For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe."
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Be Careful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be Careful   Be Careful EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm

I've actually heard jokingly bargain with God out loud, and I shuddered at their words each time. I also prayed that the Lord wouldn't hold them to their words.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Be Careful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be Careful   Be Careful EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 pm

This is a good and valid point. We can't possibly live up to God's self standard, that is why we are saved by grace not by deed. Never tempt the LORD your God, never deal with HIM, accept HIS grace and pray for HIS will.
Back to top Go down
bewhary
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
bewhary

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Be Careful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be Careful   Be Careful EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 am

This is a great reminder! I am certain I have done this on occasion, with all good intentions...but probably could not remember what I actually sais I will do if such and such happened.. I have made a conscious effort over the years to be more careful what I say in prayers and careless conversations with God. Thank you for the reminder!!

Back to top Go down
http://bewhary.hubpages.com/
Sponsored content

Be Careful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be Careful   Be Careful Empty

Back to top Go down

Be Careful
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: