Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Miracle of the Turin Shroud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jak Hardy
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
Jak Hardy

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Miracle of the Turin Shroud Empty
PostSubject: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:23 am

Is the Miracle of the Turin Shroud a reality or a traditional tale of interest and creativity?

Also, when you answer, for statistic purposes, could you please (if you feel comfortable) write what denomination you are affiliated with? This question is for Bible College :)
Thanking you,
Jak

(P.S. Thank you those who have contacted me for your concern. I'm all good, just very busy with school, ministry, Bible College and mentoring. Good to be back though!)
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 pm

That's a tough question. I think there's a good possibility that it is real, however, I cannot commit to saying that I believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that it is real. Therefore, I'm left with the other choice, that the shroud is a "traditional tale of interest and creativity." However, I think a more accurate answer would be that I find the evidence compelling and interesting, but not worth enough of my time to care either way, because the Word of the Lord and a personal relationship with Him is sufficient for me. I would also add that things like this pose a danger to Christians, in that it may cause them to worship the image rather than Jesus. Therefore, even if it is real, I choose to dismiss it as insignificant.

As for my denomination, I currently attend a non-denominational church, but I would have little trouble attending many of the other denominations. I find that many of the Christian denominations have great things to offer and also lack in some areas, including the non-denominational Christian church.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm

I concur with Lora. I don't really know enough about it to formulate a true opinion on the matter, but I am a biblical christian choosing not to follow any religion, only Christ. There are many saints weeping in heaven for those that pray to them and worship them instead of Jesus, THE ONLY LORD!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Worshipfreely, just a side note: Having been a researcher in my previous working life, it would help Jak out tremendously if you stated what denomination you affiliate with. He can't run comparative statistics without it. Just thought I would point it out in case you missed it, and by all means you don't have to answer it.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

I thought I did....I am non denominational. Every other denomination runs the risk of worshiping a religion or it's leaders.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
worshipfreely

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Of course that is just my opinion. Religion played a huge part in keeping me from Christ. I don't want to offend anyone or impeach the whole thing with my bias. If you love the LORD and follow HIM than whatever works for you. All glory to the Father!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Unfortunately, that's happened to a lot of people. It's an unfortunate side effect of people being born of a sinful nature. Churches aren't always perfect, but the Lord is. Miracle of the Turin Shroud 354348061
Back to top Go down
Jak Hardy
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
Jak Hardy

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Just for a side-note, what are some of the flaws in certain denominations? Just so I can see reasons as to why many people choose one and not the other, or in this case, none/all.
Thanks, Jak
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:09 am

i have been as intrigued with the mystery of the shroud of turin over the years.
one thing i've learned for a fact is, we are not meant to understand everything we see but it's natural to be curious.
i was baptised in the Catholic faith, named after a Catholic Nun (Sister Anthony) who was kind to my Mother and helped deliver me. subsequently,every ill that had ever befallen me was at the hands of so-called devout Catholics and even within the Catholic church itself. i went on and led a very sinful rebellious life and when The Lord awakened me, i made a bee-line straight back into Catholicism. that was a huuuuge mistake but not one that i realized on my own and actually fought against, thinking it was a ruse of the enemy. i have visited and attended services in many churches of different denominations over the years and the only church that ever triggered major anxiety in me has been the Catholic church. why? i couldn't tell you if i knew i would. speaking for my self only...i know without any doubt now,it's not for me.
as for flaws...we are all flawed therefore any denomination will be flawed.
i love The Lord, He Loved me when i couldn't love myself and no one else did either.
Currently i do not attend a church, it's been almost a year...but i was led here...to this site. Again, why? i don't clearly know. do i need to...no. i hope i will find the church i'm meant to...i keep praying for that.
Exactly what constitutes a "church?"
Change, is not a one-time event in Christ but an ongoing lifelong process.
Matthew 18:20-"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:26 pm

The lacking in my church has to do with the feeling that they are not fully open to the moving of the Holy Spirit. I don't think they believe in present day miracles and/or fighting against the enemy and his forces for fear of being thought of being a bunch of "loony Christians." They seem to fall short of really connecting with the Lord a little. On the other had, they are very good at connecting with the community and reaching out to the unsaved. They are also great about sending people to places like Africa, Mexico, and other places worldwide to help financially and spiritually. They are a very loving group of people and make their parishioners feel very welcome. For now, I'm happy with it. I may move on at some point, when my husband is ready to.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm

i they could see the things i have seen they would be fighting like heck, Amen!
Must be a reason, maybe not everyone can handle it?
They can laugh all they want, i joke around on occasion because i'm here (earthbound)but some things are simply no laughing matter!!
No laughing matter at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miracle of the Turin Shroud   Miracle of the Turin Shroud Empty

Back to top Go down

Miracle of the Turin Shroud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1