Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

THE Rocking Chair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
redhaley
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
redhaley

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

THE Rocking Chair Empty
PostSubject: THE Rocking Chair   THE Rocking Chair EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:53 am

THE ROCKING CHAIR

When our oldest son was born, he was very sick. We were in the hospital for several weeks not knowing if he would live. Finally, we came home with our precious cargo. As I sat on the couch in our living room rocking back and forth, my mother walked in. She took one look at me and said she would be right back. About 45 minutes went by and she drove up with a beautiful wooden rocking chair sticking out of the trunk. The hours I spent rocking my children and feeling the love that was expressed by this gift is priceless. I rocked and read to my children from this chair but in the morning when my children saw me sit down with my black Bible they would quietly play around my feet not interrupting me. I would pray and commune with God but when I finished they would be waiting patiently to get in my lap. I feel they felt a peace over me that passes all understanding. The rocking chair has long worn out but the memories, lessons, and love will live forever.

Take time to let your children see you commune with God regularly. It will impact their lives forever.

Actions speak louder than words. Gifts of love last a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

THE Rocking Chair Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE Rocking Chair   THE Rocking Chair EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Sniff THE Rocking Chair 230114288 Amen! That is such a touching story. Just beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com

THE Rocking Chair
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1