Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

God's Timing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Thena

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

God's Timing Empty
PostSubject: God's Timing   God's Timing EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Years ago I went to a Christian Writers' Conference and and the person who evaluated my poetry just said it was too old-fashioned, not succinct free verse (which I had to look up to see what she meant) and not ready for review. I pouted inwardly and licked my wounds for far too long until I just started writing again and wouldn't you know some of those same simple verses are in published books today

So don't give up and don't give out
Being in God's timing is what it's all about
Sharing to lift up others
And to say the words God gives us
Helps to tell the world
That His Holy Spirit lives in us!

If I had gotten published back in 1982, I imagine my books would have been out of print now and being published would be just a fond memory. But the idea of being published to me was just an easier way to share (rather than typing or xeroxing my pages one by one to share with friends)

I never did change those poems to succinct free verse. I grew up in the south when we had all day singings and dinner on the ground on 5th Sundays and was accustomed to poetry being songs that we sang. In fact when I write some of my little verses I write them as I sing them.

Free verse
I have tried it
and although
It is others
It is not me..
Back to top Go down
http://thena.typepad.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

God's Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: God's Timing   God's Timing EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

I am so glad you didn't listen to that so-called expert. She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. I wouldn't change a think about your poetry either! We should never let one person's criticism dictate how we feel about our work.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
voiceoftruelove
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
voiceoftruelove

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER

God's Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: God's Timing   God's Timing EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:09 am

I believe God allows diversity in expression as regards poetry, but let Him lead according to His standard, because it's all about Glory and Worship to Him; by the fruit you will know if His Presence is in it and if it's His message. I personally seem to write mostly in free verse for some reasons, but doesn't mean i won't write in other styles as well, at other times. Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://voiceoftruelove.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

God's Timing Empty
PostSubject: Re: God's Timing   God's Timing Empty

Back to top Go down

God's Timing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: