Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Written In Red !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
janet fears
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
janet fears

Written In Red ! Empty
PostSubject: Written In Red !   Written In Red ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Written In Red
By
Pastor Janet Marie Fears

The professor gathered his papers together, and shoved them into his briefcase, classes were over for another year. All that was left now was to submit student grades. It would be nice to sleep in tomorrow, and not have to wake up early, or battle traffic.
With the children all grown, and off on their own, the house would be extremely quiet, but he enjoyed the quiet. His wife Jillian had passed away three years ago. He had adjusted himself to being alone, except when the grandchildren came during the summer months. He frowned. Summer was now here, and he knew he soon would have three eager little boys under foot, running through the house, yelling and screaming. He smiled to a few colleagues
as he made his way to the parking lot, and to his car. What would he do with three boys for the summer? His wife always seemed to know how to keep their attention. Jillian, he smiled as he thought about her. They had meet his first day of registration at college, and were inseparable from that day on. After four children he still recalled her beauty and energy. If he only had of gone with her to the supermarket that morning, maybe she would still be alive. The police said she shielded a young boy with her body when the gunman shot, and was dead instantly. He wiped the sweat from his brow as he merged into the lane leading to his house. Perhaps he could have struggled with the man, if he’s been there. Where was that Jesus she always put so much faith in then, when she needed him. He felt his face grow hot. All those years she talked to him about having faith… about Jesus being real, and life after death, and that he should accept him into his heart . Never, he shouted out loud, bringing the car to a quick stop, Never!
“Written in Red “ it was strange how those words suddenly came back to him now. That was what Jillian always said to him when she talked about salvation. She would smile at him and say “salvation was purchased for him with the blood of God’s own son Jesus Christ. It was a done deal, written in red. He was already forgiven of all his sins”. He shoved a TV dinner into the microwave, as he always did after work, and set the timer.
As he stood starring out the kitchen window he suddenly thought he caught a glimpse of a woman’s figure by the flower garden. He quickly pushed open the patio doors. What nerve, he said to himself, some strange woman was bent over by his wife’s prize roses. Well he would get her out of there quick! He rushed past the patio chairs almost falling, but somehow managed to stay upright on his feet. “Hey You, he shouted, what do you think your doing there, get away from those roses.”
The woman seemed to ignore his demand, as she continued to work diligently with the dirt. He was practically running now, but still she never looked up as he approached. He was only a few feet away from her, yet he could smell the scent that lingered in the air . His wife had worn it for years. She often joked about its name “Taboo”. He stood spellbound, afraid to speak, just standing there watching her long slender fingers move the dirt around in her hands.
It was then that he recognized the dress. It was a floral red print, long to her ankles, and she had on that big floppy sun hat that covered most of her face, but he knew, yet it just couldn’t be, he told himself. He reached out a shaking hand to touch her, then pulled it away, as he retreated a few feet. Suddenly the woman stood up, she was looking at something in her hand . He could see that she was bleeding. The blood ran down between her fingers onto the ground in ringlets. “Written in Red”, she said softly, never looking at him, the hat still covering her face. But he didn’t have to see her, he knew. He felt the tears running down his cheeks and quickly wiped them away, only to discover when he did she was gone. He wasn’t a man who showed emotion but he could not hold the tears any longer. He didn’t know how long he was on his knees in the garden crying and asking God to forgive him for not believing in him, and accepting what he had done for him at Calvary. And then he asked him into his heart. He knew God had sent Jillian to tell him one more time . As he raised his hands in praise to the Lord, he felt a joy he could not explain.. Jillian was right, it was written in red, and he would live for that truth. He knew he would see her again one day. That was written in red too . Amen !
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

Written In Red ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Written In Red !   Written In Red ! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 am

Sniff Written In Red ! 230114288 Simple, yet moving, entertaining, and well written (except for a few typos, lol). You kept me engaged with the story all the way through. That's one of the hardest things to achieve as a writer. Job well done!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
janet fears
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
janet fears

Written In Red ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Written In Red !   Written In Red ! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am

Thank You Lora..... So happy you liked my story. Excuse the typo's that story was orginally written many, many years ago in my writing class. I was learning how to write then. I just dusted it off and put a recent date on it because I had such a love for this story. The Lord gave me this story one day as I was sitting and praying about the salvation of others Thanks again... Pastor Janet M. fears
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Written In Red ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Written In Red !   Written In Red ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Written In Red !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: