Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

I am so frustrated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manuela Schäfler
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Manuela Schäfler

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Dear prayers!
I am a christian German author and I am so frustrated.
Please pray for my!
Half a year ago, a small publisher shows so an overwelming intereset at my script (900 pages), that I was doubtful, even if they immediatley talked about the conditions and the time, they want to publish that. I should not send my script to another....
Two days later they said, in this way it is not possible. I had to change the POV - from omniscient narrotor to third person. It took me three month, after one month I sent them the first 80 pages and they said - good, go on this way. At the end I send the changed script and split it in two scripts, as they wished, first part: 700.000 characters.
I asked them to give me an anwers or I want to give it to a literary agent.
They send me a contract including all rights of furhter novels and the contract said: the script (of part one) is already handed out. We signed and I was happy, waiting for the editorial office to send my script back with the common things to change.
BUT!: The send me just an E-mail, that they could not work with that and I have to cancel all the other POV's (I had more than 3, but they knew that) and the volume had to be reduced from 700.000 to 550.000 characters.
After a call I find out, they not even read my whole script, only 70 pages+synopsis!
That changes the way I wanted to write (more like a saga and not just focus on the couple) and erase many scene's because of that and the limited characters. Besides this I think I need 2-3 month and the publishing date is in danger.
BUT that is my first contract! I worked so hard. I am more than frustred and feel deceived.

Please pray for me!
Yours
Manuela Schäfler
Back to top Go down
Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Thena

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 am

Praying for you right now that God will bless you and guide you in your writing and bring about His best for you.
Back to top Go down
http://thena.typepad.com
Manuela Schäfler
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
Manuela Schäfler

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 am

Thank You soooo much, Thena,
that means a lot to me!
Back to top Go down
Thena
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
Thena

POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER POETRY & SHORT STORY CONTESTS WINNER

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am

My prayer each day is that God use me to pray for those crying out "God have someone pray!"

Back to top Go down
http://thena.typepad.com
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 am

I have you in my prayers, Miss Manuela. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to work so hard, and yet it doesn't seem to help. I prayer the Lord will give you peace and wisdom in this situation.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 am

praying for you, my apologies for insensitive comments... Ehre sei Gott!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I am so frustrated Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated   I am so frustrated Empty

Back to top Go down

I am so frustrated
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML: