Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Follow the Directions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

Follow the Directions Empty
PostSubject: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 am

If I decide to cook a gumbo this afternoon, should I leave out the roux? If I was on a road trip to somewhere I had never been, would I need a map? Could I mail a letter without using a stamp? If I chose to erect a swing set, would instructions be necessary? In each of these cases, I would run into problems if I chose to not follow directions.....dontcha think?

Following directions is a requirement for every day life. We would all have serious problems if we simply relied upon our own understanding or common sense, which I have been told I am without. Thank God for directions! In our spiritual lives, we are also equipped with a detailed set of directions or instructions, which comes in the form of The Holy Bible. It truly provides us with everything we need to know in order to live a meaningful life here on earth and tells us specifically how to get to heaven. At any given moment, I can pick up my Bible and be told immediately how to forgive...how to show brotherly love...to deal with anger...to live eternally...to fast...to build faith...to recognize a true friend...or even how to have a successful marriage! Our Bible gives us the answer to EVERYTHING. It even tells us about tattoos, dinosaurs and Halloween. Where else could we ever find such a complete and total set of instructuions?

Psalm 119 clearly reminds us of the importance of following the directions of the Lord. In fact, it is the longest chapter in the entire Bible....176 verses to be exact! This psalm is very important, inspirational and an excellent reminder of how we should strive to become when living a Godly lifestyle. The psalmist implores the Lord to help him walk in His ways....to help him keep His truths...to seek Him wholeheartedly. This psalmist asks the Lord to be with him while he reads, absorbs and lives by His principles, something we all need to do.

Lord, let me be more like this psalmist today. Let me grow in your ways, walk in your light and love like you do. Let me forgive with a quickness, put the needs of others before that of myself and continue to grow in faith!

Let me follow the directions!

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Great message. Another thing great about the Bible is that each time you read it, you will find something new each time. It is God's perfect Word and Love letter to us.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

You are so right about that Lora. It is impossible to open up my Bible without reading, seeing, feelingor observing something new. A constant suprise, a never ending journey, and the most incredible love letter ever imagined!
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

I like that...love letter...awesome. I used to rely on my own understanding until I realized I don't understand anything :roll:
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

worshipfreely wrote:
I like that...love letter...awesome. I used to rely on my own understanding until I realized I don't understand anything :roll:

Nice observation worshipfreely!
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow the Directions   Follow the Directions Empty

Back to top Go down

Follow the Directions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL: