Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Ben Avraham
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
WORDSMITH (251-300 posts)
Jacob Ben Avraham

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham Empty
PostSubject: My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham   My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 pm

See, I told you I would continue.  I am not trying to brag, I am no one special, just God's servant that uses writing Biblical fiction to reach out to others.  As I mentioned in the topic under "introduce yourself" I graduated Liberty University in 1990, and one of the courses I took was creative writing, the teacher taught us writing both in fiction stories, and poetry, I tried both.  I tried poetry, and guess what, It got published! A poem about my grandfather, I can't remember when it got published nor where, it was in one of those big poetry books where to See your poem you have to buy their book! Well, nahh, I already had it in my notebook.

My first story was "One Passover in Jerusalem" and after that "Journey to Moriah" after those two, I wrote 8 more in order to format the book "God Tales".  I had support from another co-teacher and a finance manager in our synagogue, they worked with me, supported me, and told me "step by step" how to format it to get it onto "Amazon"

Well, now it's there! But the reason for writing is NOT to draw attention to self, it is for the Glory of God, that's why I use a "pen name" it isn't to get rich, as the e-book is only $2.99 but that is nothing compared with the messages within the stories,

Well, what is "God Tales" all about? Well, it is a collection of ten short stories concerning people from the past, some from the bible, others, not, but they all go through experiences in life and their faith is affected.  One story is about a Russian rabbi in the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz, how does he react?  another is about Pontius Pilate, what could he have been thinking while writing a report to Tiberius?  "Sarah" who was she? or IS she? (Not Abraham's wife, another "Sarah")

Well, Someone said to me; "rabbi, write a blog" so, I did! I chose the site ;  "SimpleSite.com " and named the site "The Rabbi's BlogHouse"
Yes, Yes, I know NOW that "Blog House" is two words. BUT, if you want, you can even "google" it,  at simpleSite/Yeshua7  and you will see "Rabbi's Blog House" and my book "God Tales"

If you want, you can go to the amazon web site and after search type in;  "God Tales" by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham.  I put it on Amazon on August 18th, so far, three people have bought it, Yeah, I'd like to cry,
But, maybe it isn't God's timing yet,

Luis told me tonight at the service, "You have done the work, the book is up, allow GOD to DO THE REST!! so LET IT REST IN HIM!!, Luis is smart, even Rabbis need encouragement,

But, maybe I'll download, (if I can) a few of my short stories onto this site, can I?  OR I'll write a new one, Yes, good idea, I have one in  mind
About my aunt's place, in New Jersey,

Poems? Well? maybe, If I can dig them out of the bookshelf, or form one in my mind.

OK, it's 10:30pm, time to hit the hay, or rather, the pillow, the cats have eaten, the AC is off, and the angels are guarding the door,
I mean, what more can I ask?  

L'shana Tova v' shalom l'kol Chaverim" 

Happy New year and peace to all friends

rabbi Ben Avraham.   I am REALLY signing off now. cub scout's honor
                                  ( I was a cubby for three months, until I was bullied out)
"
Attachments
My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham AttachmentHPIM0169.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(734 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down

My new and first E-book, by rabbi Jacob Ben Avraham
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1