Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura E.
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
Laura E.

Family  Empty
PostSubject: Family    Family  EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:52 pm

It was a strange picture to be sure: the mother hen moved along with her brood of chicks following her. Straggling along right with the chicks was a lone llittle gosling. Anyone looking at this bunch of feathered creatures could tell he did not bellong to the group.His long neck and skinny body was an odd match to the short necks and chubby little bodies of the chicks. Mother hen did not seem to care.As i studied the odd scene, I saw that mother hen took great care of every little critter without partiality. Liitle gosling was a member of her brood wether he looked it or not and she treated him as such. He might not have been her chick, but she was raising him like one. It struck me that it didnt matter that she had not laid the egg he hatched from; she loved him anyhow, in her own chickenish way. And then I realised that family does not neccesarily mean blood related. Now I am adopted. I am not blood related to my parents. A lot of people are not blood related to thier families. Family is who loves and cares for you. Who picks you up when you fall, holds you when you cry, laughs at your wierd jokes even though they arent that funny, and offers you support and encouragement through every part of your life. For little gosling, family was the mother hen and her little brood of chicks. it doesnt matter whether or not a person shates your DNA; what matters is the love they give you. DNA does not make a parent or sibling out of someone; love does. If you have a group of people that love you, you have family.
Back to top Go down
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

Family  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family    Family  EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Luke 8:20,21
20 And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." 21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."
True family transcends the biological aspect...absolutely, (but you're not off the hook that easily, you  gotta' tell better jokes:)!
Back to top Go down

Family
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1