Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

A real bonafide P.O.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

A real bonafide P.O.S. Empty
PostSubject: A real bonafide P.O.S.   A real bonafide P.O.S. EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm

http://babylonbee.com/news/benny-hinn-miraculously-removes-lump-from-womans-purse/

I'm waitin' fer' ya' to go evangelize in North Korea.
Or maybe go and convert some ISIL fighters?
Yeah...give em' that healing touch on the forehead and see if they fall back or remove your swollen head from it's lofty perch. 

Why are people still giving this guy money?
If you are a saved Christian and the holy spirit resides in you as well as discernment in the spirit is a readily available resource then why are so-called " Christians' " falling for what this guy is selling?!
I've watched and listened to him in the past...my "bullshit meter" almost went full ground zero mushroom cloud on me!
How can anyone who is a true believer and rational fall for this crap?!
Boy makes my head hurt just thinking about how this guy deceives the multitudes it has to be the work of supernatural forces...Some kind of mass hypnosis or spell ( 2 Thessalonians 2:11King James Version (KJV)
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
I wouldn't buy a raffle ticket from this guy even on my worst day and while stoned or heavily medicated!
Can't be anything else!
Back to top Go down
Darrell Conner
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
Darrell Conner

A real bonafide P.O.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A real bonafide P.O.S.   A real bonafide P.O.S. EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

The primary problem is that people simply do not read their Bibles, hence they have no discernment:

Hebrews 5:9-14

King James Version (KJV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The Writer of Hebrews rebukes his brethren (Hebrews) for their lack of understanding in the basics of the Hebrew Scriptures (the New Testament was not at this point assembled, though the Epistles were being circulated) and contrasts them (those his rebuke is directed at) with those who are "of full age," which in the Greek speaks of those who are "complete." The "completion" in view is a reference to the Completion Christ brought to the "First Principles of the Oracles of God," so in view is a contrast to those who have embraced the fuller knowledge being revealed in the Writer's day to Israel. 

Discernment is not just a particular gift, it is something the Writer implies all believers must work for. And they do this through study of God's Word, and in particular, concerning the Doctrine of Christ. Note his next statement:

Hebrews 6
King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

The "principles of the Doctrine of Christ" are the "First Principles of the Oracles (Word) of God" referred to in 5:12. HIs point being "I would like to expand on my teaching of Christ...

...but I can't."

It would be similar to a Math Teacher saying "I would like to teach you about Algebra but you have need that one teach you rudimentary math such as two plus two equals four." We also see that the Writer exhorts a progression from the basic teachings of Christ in the Hebrew Scriptures, which we need to remember is not an abandoning of those principles, just as we would not abandon basic math as we learn higher math. 

He states "Let us go on unto perfection," which again speaks of completion. In the GReek it speaks of a "bringing to an end," a fulfillment essentially, and that is what Christ did. So what he is saying is...

"...You need to educate yourself on the truths being taught about the person of Christ." 

And those who do gain discernment. 

I might as well throw in that he forbids them to lay again the foundational doctrines of the Old Testament. Many commentaries regard the list given as Christian Doctrine, which cannot be the case, because 1) some of the doctrines do not exist in Christ doctrine (i.e., a doctrine of Baptisms (plural) and repentance from dead works), and 2) if they were, we wouldn't be forbidden to lay them again.

In regards to Benny Hinn, I agree, the man is a false prophet seeking only to sheer the sheep under his power. But, I will also say that while I hold the leadership of every fellowship primarily responsible, I do not let the "sheep" off the hook either. They have a responsibility before God to seek to know God's will better, and those doing that will leave fellowships like Hinn's. I once saw a video of his daughter preaching (and I use that term in the only way I can in this context...a secular preaching) a message entitled "Holy Ghost Enema." Prancing around the stage prattling "You need a Holy Ghost enema." 

Only demons could lead someone to lecture (and I already regret calling it "preaching") such a blasphemous statement. Any Christian with half a grain of common sense would have made that the last visit to such a hell-hole.

God bless.
Back to top Go down

A real bonafide P.O.S.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1