Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Publishing Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darrell Conner
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
Darrell Conner

Publishing Experience Empty
PostSubject: Publishing Experience   Publishing Experience EmptyWed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

After visiting a couple writing forums it seemed that talking about what you have published was not exactly encouraged, so I am delighted to see that the very next board after Introduction is a board asking for that very thing, lol.

Not much of a story, really, but here it is: I am an avid enthusiast of Christian Doctrinal Discussion and debate, and after years of what I view as Forum Missionary work, I was inclined to follow after a childhood dream, which was of course...being a writer. Secondly, the Doctrine I hold to does not always align with Popular Modern Theology, so there are certain Doctrines (which I see as evident and simple truths taught by the Word of God) which do not always receive a warm welcome. So I put together a book that looks at one of those doctrinal positions, which deals with Regeneration (the New Birth). Seeing that the Lord stated " Except a man be born again he cannot enter the Kingdom of God," it seems to me that this should be ground zero in discipleship of new believers. 

But we seldom hear anything about it.

So it is my hope that this topic will draw the interest of those who love the study of Scripture as I do. The Title of the Book is The Magnitude of the Cross: Understanding the New Birth.

I have the book on BookDaily where you can read an excerpt from the first chapter if you are interested. It is available in both paperback and E-Book.

I did, after what I thought was a pretty thorough job of editing, find a number of issues which are being dealt with now (the file is being updated), and I have listed the revisions on a forum created to support the book and to give the readers somewhere they can interact with me, whether it is to comment, question, or critique the book.

I went with a publishing company called BookFuel, which has been an okay experience, but, while visiting one forum I was told that I could do everything they were doing for me for free, so at this point I have decided I am going to try to really self publish, and will use Kindle Direct Publishing. If anyone here is familiar with that or has any suggestions about self publishing, I would be glad to hear from them. I am not sorry for having used Bookfuel, but it's the waiting that gets to me, so I think I would prefer to try it on my own for the next project (The Magnitude of the Cross: Understanding Eternal Security). THat way, the only one I'll be waiting on is myself, lol.

God bless.
Back to top Go down

Publishing Experience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1