Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gwynditmars
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
gwynditmars

MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! Empty
PostSubject: MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!   MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 am

MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! RzjwH_DOzXYYZ0BCdOhCXNTb9fvxNUSqASpiUaAru47OBTKodmjfO5WVivBa6NKnehEQiefab2MwzMrR8MDfm22liNuz3h7QLIegnp8vZXxLTrpLi-r8X46rxPAkat4dNpim2cjo

[size=32]MY KNIGHT![/size]

After enduring 18 long years of being married to a very abusive man. One night while being abused, something in me snapped, snapped like a stick! The wind created from it blew out the tiny red ember on the tip of the candle in my heart. 
 I got up in the middle of the barrage of abuse and called a friend from work. I packed up a suitcase. And waited on the road to be picked up. Our kids wanted to come with me, but he would not allow it. He always used the kids against me, and as a leverage for himself. He threatened to take me to court and have the kids taken out of any custody from me. So very sadly I left. 
 I got a one bedroom apt. It was all I could afford making less than $160.00 per week. One day my friend from work, came over to check on me and see if I needed anything. I told him my X was coming over to discuss our kids and that he would be screaming, yelling and cussing me out! I told my friend that he should leave, I didn’t want him to have to endure all of that. He said to me in a very strong tone of voice, as he pointed down the long narrow staircase, “IF HE DOES, HE WILL GO BACK DOWN THEM A HELL OF A LOT FASTER THEN HE CAME UP!” I stood there in utter shock! It was the 1st time a man ever talked, like he was going to protect me. I laughed and thought yeah right. Just then there was a loud knock at the door. It was my X, I called down for him to come in. He came up and we sat at the tiny table in my tiny kitchen. Meanwhile my friend stood up stiff and straight with his strong muscular arms folded at his Chest and leaned against the sink counter. He reminded me of a tall cigar store Indian, bigger than life. As my X was rattling on and on. My thoughts were racing in fearful scenes. I was still reeling after 18yrs of torment! Yet he never once raised his voice to me, nor did he call me names, or pull any of his usual stunts of verbal abuse and emotional abuse of wrangling me into his web of confusion, depression and self loathing! Nothing! I was sure he would take a swing at me. No Nothing! SHOCKED again! Twice in the same day! My X left! Quietly! Not even so much as a door slam! It was the 1st time in my whole life a man ever stood up for me! Never had I ever experienced a man who was willing to fight to protect me!
 Well my friend is Robert E. Ditmars and this is how he became my Knight in Shining Armor! And Forever will be! This May 9th we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary. The memories of 18 years of physical, mental, emotional and verbal abuse, have given way into the darkness from which it came, and I am over into the peace, joy and love of a Godly man who in the purest form is what God intended a gentleman to be!

Written by: Gwyn L. Ditmars
2130 Hobson Road 
Bldg. B Apt. 108
Fort Wayne, Indiana 

(260)205-9701 e-mail gwynditmars@gmail.com
Back to top Go down

MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: