Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

There Is No Such Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mmiller
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
mmiller

SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER SHORT STORY CONTEST WINNER

There Is No Such Thing Empty
PostSubject: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:44 am

Did you grow up believing in fairy tales? Have you searched for Snow White, Prince Charming or wished to be Cinderella? Do you ever see others as having a perfect life and wonder why yours isn't? Have you ever felt like you aren't 'good enough' or unworthy of love and respect? Well guess what???? You are not the only one. No matter who you are and no matter how you might live.....just know that you are not alone.

We are all imperfect people. Some of our problems might be bigger than that of the next person, but regardless of all that..... NO HUMAN BEING IS PERFECT.....There is no such thing!

Speaking for myself, awhile back, I was having a really hard time dealing with some of my actions in the past, decisions I had made and the general idea that I would never be considered 'good enough'. I have been blessed to have several people who have always believed in me, even when I was at my worst and lowest point. One of these people in particular brought up a very important point and shared 1 Samuel 16:7 with me at a point when I needed to hear it the most. This scripture reminds us that, "The Lord does not see as man sees, for man looks at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." This scripture has ever since been burned upon my heart and into my mind. I think of it often and believe its words completely. Thank you for pointing this out to me.....you know who you are!

Isn't it amazing to know that God loves us all anyway...no matter how imperfect we might happen to be! He knows we are not perfect....He knows that we have and that we will sin. We are not and we will not EVER find perfection...not in ourselves and not in others either! Through Jesus Christ, we all have the ability to approach God for the redemption of our sins. Our sins are not a reason for us to stay away from God. In fact, our sins are a sign to us that we need to draw closer to Him. In God's home, we are forgiven, we are accepted, we are loed! Through the blood of Jesus Christ, our hearts, bodies and souls are washed clean......and for this, i am so very grateful this morning.

1 Samuel 16:7But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his pshsical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outard appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am

Amen! Thanks for that pep talk. I needed that.

Last edited by Lora on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II
oneagleswings

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Very good thank you.
God Bless
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

You are a gifted writer....thank you for sharing....your words speak truth.
Back to top Go down
PatsyDyer
WRITER (51-100 posts)
WRITER (51-100 posts)
PatsyDyer

PostSubject: Re: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 am

Something that we must never forget!
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patsydyer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There Is No Such Thing   There Is No Such Thing Empty

Back to top Go down

There Is No Such Thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic