Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? Empty
PostSubject: What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?   What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 pm

What
can the Christian tradition usefully bring to the public discussion of an economic crisis that economists, politicians and business leaders, and such, might not bring in dealing with the underlying economic issues facing contemporary society?
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
silverglass
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
PENCIL PUSHER (26-50 posts)
silverglass

PostSubject: Re: What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?   What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:55 am

Lora, Good question! I can only believe that prayer is the answer for such complex problems that are part of the larger world. The apostle Paul said in one of his epistles that first he would hope that prayers and supplication would be made for those in power that we might live a peaceful life . I guess I believe that God is willing to intervene in the affairs of mankind to help and he decides to do so when we engage him in prayer. So in spite of a world that seems to organize itself outside of His will he in fact still is able to bring about good out of bad situations and that I believe he does in response to prayer. So my little prayer is for the entire world that God would bring it about that those who are in power both state and federal both here and accross the oceans. I am asking God to bring it about by his almighty hand to move in those agencies to bring into and out of power those individuals who can make a difference and move those individuals out of power who are hindering the process and so in a manner in which will make a difference to people who are struggling to make ends meet that our would might be a place where all can have peace on earth. It seems silly to think that my prayer for 7 billion people could possibly make a difference! But the bible says that the effectual prayer of a righteous person avails much. I am confident that others are also praying so our prayers are being answered.
Back to top Go down
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
worshipfreely

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?   What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 pm

We can be giving of what have to give, we can be patient with those who seem to be out of it, we can be generous to those in need, we can be the change we want to see in the world, we can stay humble, we can lead and minister, and yes most importantly we can pray.
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Lora

PostSubject: Re: What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?   What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Amen to that! Eloquently put. Love, love, love it.
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?   What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy? Empty

Back to top Go down

What can Christian Beliefs Bring to the Table in Today's Economy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1